Acibadem Healthcare Group Istanbul
Department of Neurology and Neurosurgery (302407)
Specialized in: neurology, neurosurgery
About the department
The Department of Neurology and Neurosurgery at Acibadem Healthcare Group under the direction of M.D. Koray Özduman deals with the diagnosis and treatment of both common and the most complex disorders of the nervous system using a multidisciplinary approach. The Department is considered as one of the leading neurosurgery centers in the world. There is performed a variety of successful operations to treat meningiomas, chordomas, schwannomas, vascular malformations (aneurysms), arteriovenous and cavernous malformations.
Acibadem neurosurgeons use the latest technology to treat both adults and children. These include 3-Tesla MRI, which facilitates the complete removal of the tumor, eliminates the risk of a second operation and minimizes operation-related side effects. In addition, the Department of Neurology and Neurosurgery at Acibadem Healthcare Group has Gamma Knife Perfexion used to treat brain tumors. This system offers a number of advantages, such as better accurateness, better effectiveness, minimal damage to healthy brain tissues, no recovery period, absence of incisions on the scalp of the head and the patient can return home the day the treatment is performed. The Department under the direction of M.D. Koray Özduman prefers an interdisciplinary approach in the treatment of neurological disorders. The specialists work closely together to develop a customized treatment plan and to reach the best results.
The patients are treated in three specialized sections of the Department, namely the Section of Pediatric Neurosurgery, the Section of Vascular Neurosurgery and the Section of Neurooncology.
The range of medical services of the Department of Neurology and Neurosurgery at Acibadem Healthcare Group under the direction of M.D. Koray Özduman includes:
- Brain tumors (benign and malignant)
- Skull base tumors
- Vascular diseases (brain hemorrhage, cerebral aneurysms, arteriovenous malformations, cavernous malformations and strokes)
- Congenital malformations
- Functional neurosurgery (movement disorder surgery, pain surgery)
- Gamma knife radiosurgery
- Congenital cerebral anomalies
- Hydrocephaly (fluid accumulation in the brain)
- Craniosynostosis (premature closing of the bones of the skull)
- Arachnoid cysts (brain cysts)
- Craniovertebral junction abnormalities
- Spinal dysraphism
- Herniated disc (cervical, thoracic, lumbar)
- Degenerative and age-related spine disorders
- Vascular malformations (spinal arteriovenous malformations)
- Tumors of the spine
- Tumors of the spinal cord
- Pain in the neck and lower back
- Infections of the spine
- Spine traumas
Department of Neurology and Neurosurgery.
Acibadem Healthcare Group Istanbul:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home