Acibadem Healthcare Group Istanbul
Department of Adult and Pediatric Cardiology, Cardiac Surgery (302408)
Specialized in: adult and pediatric cardiology, cardiac surgery
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Cardiology, Cardiac Surgery at the Acibadem Healthcare Group offers the full range of medical services for the diagnostics and treatment of cardiovascular diseases. The department admits patients of all age groups, ranging from newborns to elderly patients. With state-of-the-art technical equipment and highly qualified medical staff, the department is one of the best medical facilities in the area of its specialization in the national medical arena. This is confirmed by high treatment success rates and minimal mortality after open-heart surgery (less than 1.6%, while Euroscore risks for such interventions reach 3.8%). The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Ayşe Sarıoğlu.
The early diagnostics of cardiac diseases is very important for the successful treatment results. The department has the very latest diagnostic systems, for example, dual-source 64-slice CT with 2 radiation sources, positron emission computed tomography and equipment for instant computed tomography – this is the fastest tomography device with low-dose radiation, which performs angiography of coronary vessels in 0.25 seconds. The department also carries out many other cardiological examinations, particularly, ECG, stress ECG, echocardiography, stress echocardiography, Holter monitoring, myocardial perfusion imaging, cardiac MRI, PET-CT and others. The diagnostic options are complemented by coronary angiography. This is an effective and reliable diagnostic procedure, which is carried out within the Catheter Laboratory and always on an inpatient basis. It serves for the examination of coronary arteries after the injection of contrast medium through special catheters.
A distinctive feature of the department is its special competence in cardiac interventions using the Da Vinci Surgical System. The robotic operations are regularly performed in patients with coronary artery disease. The Da Vinci Surgical System is also used for mitral valve repair, mitral valve replacement, and tricuspid valve repair. Such interventions have fairly high success rates, as well as many benefits, including minimal blood loss and pain, reduced risk of infection, and rapid recovery after surgery.
It should be noted that the department also specializes in the treatment of heart diseases in children. The most common diagnostic tests in children include electrocardiography (ECG), chest X-ray, echocardiography and Doppler scanning, cardiac catheterization, electrophysiological tests, and cardiac MRI. The department also carries out fetal echocardiography, which helps to detect cardiological abnormalities before the birth of the baby.
Certain cardiac pathologies require catheterization and surgical intervention, for example, atrial septal defect (ASD), ventricular septal defect (VSD), atrioventricular septal defect, aortic stenosis, and others. It should also be noted that in addition to top-class diagnostic and therapeutic services, the department's specialists have excellent qualifications in comprehensive cardiс rehabilitation, which helps to consolidate the treatment results.
The department's range of medical services includes:
- Diagnostics and treatment of cardiovascular pathologies
- Assessment of the work of the cardiovascular system in terms of physical or drug stress
- Coronary computed tomography angiography
- Myocardial perfusion scintigraphy
- Positron emission tomography
- Coronary angiography
- Coronary stent placement
- Balloon angioplasty
- Coronary artery bypass grafting, including using the Da Vinci Surgical System and minimally invasive technique
- Diagnostics and treatment of heart valve disease
- Percutaneous valvuloplasty
- Transcatheter aortic valve implantation
- Robotic mitral valve repair
- Minimally invasive heart valve surgery
- Diagnostics and treatment of arrhythmias
- Holter monitoring
- Electrophysiological tests
- Catheter ablation
- Implantation of temporary and permanent pacemakers, including triple chamber ones
- Implantation of defibrillators
- Diagnostics and treatment of aortic diseases
- Endovascular aneurysm repair (EVAR)
- Thoracic endovascular aortic repair (TEVAR)
- Hybrid interventions
- Open surgical interventions
- Transcatheter aortic valve implantation (TAVI)
- Diagnostics and treatment of peripheral artery embolism
- Doppler scanning
- Magnetic resonance imaging
- Digital subtraction angiography
- Carotid stent placement
- Carotid endarterectomy
- Peripheral artery bypass surgery
- Peripheral endoluminal bypass surgery
- Diagnostics and treatment of varicose veins
- Transdermal laser therapy
- Open surgery
- Endovenous surgery
- Diagnostics and treatment of cardiomyopathies
- Interventional treatment (ablation)
- Diagnostics and treatment of heart attack
- Diagnostics and treatment of cardiological diseases in children (conservative and surgical treatment methods)
- Congenital heart defects
- Heart rhythm disorders
- Rheumatic heart lesions
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Other diagnostic and therapeutic services
- 1996 Professor, Istanbul University, Institute of Cardiology.
- 1989 Istanbul University, Pediatric Cardiology.
- 1983 Faculty of Medicine, Hacettepe University, Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine.
- 1978 Faculty of Medicine, Hacettepe University.
- 2002 Work in the Department of Adult and Pediatric Cardiology, Cardiac Surgery at the Acibadem Healthcare Group.
- 2000 - 2003 Istanbul Memorial Hospital, Medical Specialist in Pediatric Cardiology.
- 1985 - 2000 Institute of Cardiology, Istanbul University, Medical Specialist in Pediatric Cardiology.
- 1985 - 1986 University of Alabama, Pediatric Cardiology Scholarship Program.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- Turkish Society of Cardiology.
- Society of Pediatric Cardiology.
Department of Adult and Pediatric Cardiology, Cardiac Surgery.
Acibadem Healthcare Group Istanbul:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.