Acibadem Healthcare Group Istanbul
Department of Adult and Pediatric Urology (302416)
Specialized in: adult and pediatric urology
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Urology at the Acibadem Healthcare Group offers the full range of high-quality services for the diagnostics and treatment of genitourinary diseases in boys and men. The department is a recognized leader in transurethral resection of the prostate, bladder surgery, invasive and non-invasive procedures to treat stones (urethroscopy, percutaneous nephrolithotomy and extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy), as well as the treatment of erectile dysfunction. The department's specialists have in their arsenal many conservative and surgical treatment methods, which are internationally approved and allow the doctors to achieve the optimal treatment results. The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Bülent Oktay.
The primary focus of the department is prostate cancer treatment. It uses all advanced medical and surgical treatment techniques. The department successfully performs radical prostatectomy with preservation of the nerve endings of the reproductive organs. In addition, the specialists in chemotherapy and radiation therapy are actively involved in prostate cancer treatment.
The department also has successful experience in the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia, which is one of the most common urological diseases in men. It offers all ultramodern treatment methods for this pathology, namely transurethral resection of the prostate, Greenlight Laser PVP, Greenlight Laser HPS, Feedback thermal therapy, etc.
In addition, the department ranks among the leading centers of the country specializing in bladder stone treatment. It offers endoscopic surgery, surgical and ambulatory treatment using extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy.
The service range is complemented by urodynamic examinations, which help to establish the causes of urinary incontinence and urinary disorders. They are used in the diagnostics and monitoring of any problems with urinary incontinence in adults and children, including nocturnal urinary incontinence in children or urinary incontinence in women.
Of particular interest to the department's urologists are also the diagnostics and treatment of congenital or acquired urogenital diseases in children. These include hydrocele, undescended testes, acute testicular and bladder diseases (acute scrotum and testicular deformity). The exceptional competence is in the treatment of hypospadias (congenital disease, in which the external urethral meatus is located on the lower surface of the penis, but not on its glans).
The department's range of medical services includes:
- Diagnostics and treatment of prostate cancer
- Diagnostics and treatment of testicular cancer
- Diagnostics and treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia
- Diagnostics and treatment of urinary tract stones
- Diagnostics and treatment of urinary incontinence (including in children) and other urination problems
- Diagnostics and treatment of erectile dysfunction
- Diagnostics and treatment of male infertility
- Diagnostics and treatment of urological diseases in children
- Undescended testicle
- Acute scrotum
- Other urological diseases
- 1995 Professor, Faculty of Medicine, Uludağ University.
- 1990 and 1987 Assistant Professor, Faculty of Medicine, Uludağ University.
- 1983 Faculty of Medicine, Department of Urology, Uludağ University.
- 1980 Faculty of Medicine, Bursa University.
- Since 2011 Work in Department of Adult and Pediatric Urology at the Acibadem Healthcare Group.
- 1987 - 2011 Lecturer, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Urology, Uludağ University.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- Turkish Society of Urology.
- Coordination of Organization of Organ Transplantation.
- Bursa Urologic Association.
- Endourological Society.
- European Association of Urology.
- Endourology Society.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Acibadem Healthcare Group Istanbul
Department of Adult and Pediatric Urology.
Acibadem Healthcare Group Istanbul:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.