Department of Hair Transplantation (614212)
Specialized in: hair transplantation
About the department
The Department of Hair Transplantation at the ClinicHair Izmir offers the full range of services in the field of hair transplantation and hair growth restoration. The department's specialists provide high-quality treatment for alopecia in men and women. The hair transplantation procedure is performed on the most modern equipment using FUE or FUT techniques, which involve the transplantation of individual hair grafts containing one or more hair follicles. All procedures are performed under anesthesia for maximum patient comfort. The operation is preceded by the preliminary diagnostics, while the attending physician determines the number of grafts required for a particular clinical case. The department is headed by Dr. med. Cansu Bilgili.
On average, the doctor transplants from 2,500 to 4,000 grafts during the operation, which lasts 6-8 hours. A graft is a skin area, which contains from 2 to 4 hair follicles. As a rule, the back of the head acts as a donor site, but if there is not enough donor material, other parts of the body, including the chest, back, etc. can be used. It depends on the amount and type of hair transplanted. After extraction, the follicles are placed in a special nutrient solution and then transferred to the target area. The method and density of hair transplantation are determined depending on the clinical indications, strictly on an individual basis for each patient.
The department also performs eyebrow and beard transplantation using the FUE method. The indications for such an operation may be accidents, consequences of burns or occupational injuries. The first changes will be noticeable after 3 months, and it will be possible to assess the final result in a year. As a rule, 98% of transplanted grafts survive. The transplanted hair does not fall out and continues to grow throughout life. Upon the procedure completion, the patient receives the necessary recommendations for further hair care.
In addition to surgical interventions, the department also carries out cosmetic procedures, which are quite effective as a preventive measure and at the initial stages of alopecia. They can also be recommended after hair transplantation as a strengthening and growth stimulating therapy.
The main clinical focuses of the department include:
- Seamless FUE hair transplantation is the most demanded and widespread technique in the world. The main advantage of the method is that it does not leave visible scars on the head after surgery. The procedure lasts 5-6 hours on average, while the number of transplanted grafts reaches 5,000. Two weeks after the operation, the transplanted hair falls out and the new healthy one begins to grow. The full recovery procedure takes 12 months. To achieve the best result, the patient must strictly follow the recommendations received upon treatment completion.
- Classic FUT hair transplantation is simpler and more invasive than FUE. The method involves taking small areas of skin and transplanting them into the baldness area. After the procedure, a small scar remains. This therapy is excellent for the treatment of alopecia of any degree and is recommended for correction of the consequences of burns and injuries.
- Beard and eyebrow hair transplantation. This type of transplantation is usually performed using the FUE technique. On average, about 2,000 grafts can be transplanted within one session, which is quite enough for the restoration of hair density in these areas. The main task of the procedure is the formation of a beautiful hairline. The recovery period of hair follicles lasts slightly longer than in standard procedures. The patient can assess the final result in 18 months.
- Therapy with platelet-rich blood components is the administration of a fraction of the patient's own blood with a large number of platelets. This innovative technique helps to restore the health of hair in the shortest possible period of time and return its natural density.
- Mesotherapy involves the subcutaneous injection of vitamins, minerals and nutrients. The medicines are injected under the skin, in close proximity to the hair roots, which contributes to the most effective action of the active substance. This treatment repairs damaged hair, prevents hair loss and stimulates new hair growth. As a rule, 5-7 sessions of mesotherapy are required within 3 months.
- Other treatments for alopecia
Dr. Cansu Bilgili is the Co-Founder of the ClinicHair Izmir and the Head of the Department of Hair Transplantation at this clinic. From 1997 to 2001, she studied at the Anadolu University in the city of Eskişehir. Since 2001 she has been trained in the field of aesthetic medicine. Her clinical experience is over 18 years of practice, thanks to which she is known not only in Turkey, but also far beyond its borders. She is the owner of numerous awards and certificates. The doctor is also engaged in scientific activity and speaks at various conferences dedicated to modern methods of hair transplantation. The clinical interests of Dr. Cansu Bilgili include FUE and FUT hair transplantation, cosmetic non-surgical procedures for the restoration of health and density of hair.
Photo of the doctor: (с) ClinicHair
Department of Hair Transplantation.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.