Treatment of varicose veins in Germany
Varicose veins of the lower limbs are a medical issue accompanied by an increase in the diameter of the veins and the formation of their local extensions. This is one of the most common pathologies in the world. Its incidence reaches 25% in the USA and Western Europe, and 15% in the developing countries. Varicose veins are a life-threatening condition, lots of people die because of its complications. Blood clots are formed at a certain stage of the pathological process. They can break away and move with the blood flow, blocking the pulmonary artery branches.
Varicose veins – Diagnostics
To determine the presence of varicose veins, a physician will need just a routine examination. The patient's veins are clearly visible, enlarged, the skin above them can become crimson. The purpose of diagnostic measures is to identify a number of additional issues such as:
- Is there any damage to the deep veins?
- Is there any blood reflux through the saphenopopliteal or saphenofemoral junction?
- What is the state of the valves of small and large saphenous veins?
- Is there any perforating reflux (through the veins connecting the superficial and deep veins), and if so, where is it?
In general, this data is required for the treatment tactics planning. The following methods of varicose veins diagnostics are used for this purpose:
- Doppler ultrasound
- Duplex ultrasound angioscanning
- Occlusion plethysmography
- Radiopaque venography
- Direct flebotonometry
- Reflective rheography and photoplethysmography
The first two methods in this list are the basic ones. The others are additional ones. They are recommended only in case of clinical indications presence.
Best clinics for the varicose veins diagnostics in Germany:
Varicose veins – Treatment
Conservative or surgical treatment of varicose veins is performed. Conservative treatment is aimed at the temporary elimination of the symptoms and slowing down the progress of the disease. The medications are used to shrink the veins and get rid of the swelling. Massage, physiotherapy, gymnastics are also recommended as a supportive therapy.
Surgery is the basic technique for the varicose veins treatment. The following operations and minimally invasive procedures are used:
- Photocoagulation. Spider veins on the legs can be removed with the help of laser treatment. This procedure doesn’t affect the prognosis of the disease, but the cosmetic defect can be easily eliminated.
- Sclerotherapy. The sclerosing agent is injected into the vessels. Then a patient wears a tight bandage or compression stockings for a week. During this time, the vessels grow together, and blood flow through the damaged veins stops.
- Laser therapy. Essentially similar method, though endothelium is damaged not by the chemicals, but by the laser beam.
- Crossectomy. The saphenofemoral junction is blocked. A ligation of the great saphenous vein and its branches is performed for that and, as a result of the operation, venous reflux (backflow of blood) is eliminated.
- Stripping. The vein is removed without a large incision. It is intersected and then removed from the body via the probe.
These methods may be successfully combined with each other, including performing during one surgical procedure.
In case of non-healing venous ulcers, a surgical removal is performed. The patient may require transplantation of skin to close the defect.
Varicose veins – Benefits of Treatment in Germany
A patient can undergo a course of therapy for varicose veins treatment in almost any country in the world. But the medical services will not be equally qualitative everywhere.
Here are the main benefits of treating varicose veins in Germany:
- Application of advanced surgical techniques which significantly reduces the risk of disease recurrence (re-development).
- Preference is given to minimally invasive surgical interventions and all manipulations are performed intravascularly, through minimal incisions or punctures.
- Good aesthetic effect – there will be no large scars on your legs.
- Ability to perform additional operations – for example, if large trophic ulcers are present, skin transplantation may be required.
- High level of operational safety. Due to the vast experience of German doctors and the use of high-tech equipment risk for the patient's health is minimal.
- Painlessness – German doctors try to make the treatment not only effective, but also comfortable. Therefore the most suitable methods of anesthesia are applied, to ensure a pain-free operation and postoperative period.
German doctors prescribe conservative treatment of varicose veins during the postoperative period. It helps to prevent the recurrence of varicose veins.
How to choose a hospital?
The online booking service for healthcare abroad called BookingHealth will help you to find the best hospital for varicose veins treatment. All you need to do is to fill in the application on the website. You should mention your personal data and diagnosis, and attach medical records.
Our healthcare specialist will review this application and select a medical institution where you can undergo conservative treatment or surgery at an affordable price.
Thanks to company BookingHealth you get a number of advantages, like:
- Ability to choose the best hospital considering price and quality of medical services
- Save up to 70% of the medical program cost
- Services: arrangement of treatment in the hospital, providing with an interpreter, issuance of a visa, transportation services
- Medical insurance, which will cover all unforeseen expenses for up to 200 thousand Euros
- Consultation of a vascular surgeon or phlebologist within 3 months after completion of the therapeutic course at no additional cost
Take an advantage of this beneficial offer from BookingHealth to get quality treatment, while saving on medical services.
Best clinics for the varicose veins treatment in Germany:
Vascular Surgery Clinic Duesseldorf
Author: Dr. Nadezhda Ivanisova
Here you can find the cost of treatment for this disease at the German University Hospitals. Leave a request and we will provide a free consultation with a doctor and will start organizing the whole treatment process.
The program includes the following:
- Issuing of an invitation for getting a visa for treatment as quick as possible
- Fixing an appointment at a time convenient for you
- Preliminary organization of a comprehensive examination and discussion of the forthcoming treatment plan
- Arranging transfer from the airport to the hospital and back to the airport
- Provision of interpreting services and services of a personal medical coordinator
- If necessary, assistance in the organization of further surgical treatment
- Provision of a medical insurance against treatment complications covering up to 200,000 euro
- Preparation and translation of medical records and recommendations from the hospital
- Assistance in the subsequent communication with your attending physician, including consultations on repeated X-ray images through the unique medical document management system E-doc