Gyncentrum Fertility Clinic Katowice
Department of Reproductive Medicine (301967)
Specialized in: reproductive medicine
About the department
The Department of Reproductive Medicine at the Gyncentrum Fertility Clinic Katowice offers the full service range for the diagnostics and treatment of infertility. The department is famous for its treatment success rates, as well as for the implementation of innovations in reproductive medicine. The experts in reproductology, experienced endocrinologists, gynecologists, obstetricians, urologists and embryologists are involved in the therapeutic process. Particular attention is paid to the psychological support of patients. The department performs over 1,000 IVF procedures annually, and in most cases they have a successful outcome. An important fact is that IVF has no age limits. The department is headed by Dr. med. Anna Bednarska-Czerwińska.
Prior to treatment, the department's specialists carry out an ultrasound assessment of the ovarian reserve. This is one of the main indicators, which determines the state of the reproductive function in women. Another effective test for the accurate assessment of ovarian reserve in women is an anti-mullerian hormone test (AMH). The main diagnostic method for male fertility is a spermogram. The spermogram includes the assessment of a number of sperm indicators and detects possible causes of infertility in men.
In addition, the department offers many other diagnostic methods, which include sonohysterosalpingogram (Sono-HSG), hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy, gynecological laparoscopy, Oosight (system for the assessment of the state of oocytes), SCA/CASA (system for semen analysis), ERA-test, hormone tests, infection tests, genetic tests, etc.
An important role is also played by preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD), which is the assessment of embryonic cells for specific genetic diseases or chromosome abnormalities. This can significantly reduce the risk of occurrence of genetic diseases in a child. PGD can detect over 100 genetic diseases.
The department became the first medical facility in Poland, which offers innovative fertility treatment using the ANEVIVO method. This is a unique and more natural approach to fertilization. The ANEVIVO technique is a breakthrough in reproductive medicine. It was developed by Anecova company in collaboration with the specialized laboratory in Switzerland.
The department specializes in the following procedures to treat infertility:
- Fertilization using a partner's sperm
- Fertilization using a donor's sperm
- In vitro fertilization
- In vitro fertilization (classic method)
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI)
- Intracytoplasmic morphologically selected sperm injection (IMSI)
- Embryo transfer
- Assisted hatching
- Monitoring embryo development using Primo Vision video control system
- Vitrification of oocytes and embryos
- EmbryoGlue embryo transfer medium
- EmbryoGen embryo culture medium
- Other techniques
It is worth noting that one of the most important areas of the department’s work is intimate plastic surgery. It offers plastic interventions for asymmetric and deformed labia, stress urinary incontinence and cosmetic perineal defects. The treatment tactics are always selected individually, taking into account the needs and wishes of the patient. All procedures are minimally invasive, which ensures the rapid recovery and the best aesthetic appearance.
The service range in the field of intimate plastic surgery includes:
- Treatment of urinary incontinence
- Laser therapy
- Mini Sling procedure
- Periurethral injections
- Botox injections
- Innovative MonaLisa Touch laser therapy
- Labiaplasty of the labia minora
- Perineal plastic surgery after childbirth
- Plastic reconstruction of the vaginal vestibule
- Vaginal rejuvenation
- Gynecologic plastic surgery
- Vaginoplasty using threads
- Filler procedures
- Labia majora augmentation
- Vaginal rejuvenation
- Vaginal lipofilling (vulvar lips)
- SmartXide laser therapy
- Removal of stretch marks
- Scar revision
- Other services
Training and Certificates
- Certificate of participation in the 3rd Baltic Stem Cell Meeting "Innovative methods of stem cell application in medicine".
- Certificate of participation in the 2nd Symposium of Reproductive Medicine and Gynecological Endocrinology "Fertility and infertility in the 21st century".
- Participation in the annual conferences of the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology (ESHRE).
- Certificate of participation in the course "Idiopathic infertility".
- Certificate of Participation in the III Congress "Emergency states of gynecology and obstetrics".
- Certificate of attendance in the course "Treating with an infertile couple. Diagnostic and therapeutic algorithm".
- Certificate of participation in the seminar "Current problems of IVF in gynecology".
- Certificate of participation in the conference "Advances in the treatment of infertility".
- Participation in the second symposium "Infertility – clinic and practice".
- Certificate of completion of the course in the field of current issues in the diagnostics of infertility, methods of egg collection, prenatal care after IVF.
- Certificate of participation in the 2nd Polish-French symposium "Reproductive endocrinology".
- Certificate of participation in the scientific symposium "Advances in oral hormonal contraception".
- Certificate of participation in the scientific and training conference of the Department of Gynecological Endocrinology.
- Certificate of participation in the conference "Advances in the diagnosis and treatment of medullary thyroid cancer".
Memberships in Professional Societies
- Polish Andrological Association.
- Polish Society of Endocrinology.
- Polish Society of Reproductive Medicine.
- Polish Gynecological Society.
- European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology (ESHRE).
Photo of the doctor: (c) Gyncentrum Fertility Clinic Katowice
Department of Reproductive Medicine.
Gyncentrum Fertility Clinic Katowice:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.