Helios Clinic for Pediatric Neurological Rehabilitation Hohenstücken
Department of Pediatric Neurological Rehabilitation (455117)
Specialized in: pediatric neurological rehabilitation
About the department
The Department of Pediatric Neurological Rehabilitation at the Helios Clinic for Pediatric Neurological Rehabilitation Hohenstücken offers the full range of treatment of acute and chronic neurological diseases and conditions of any degree of severity. The department specializes in all stages of neurological rehabilitation – from the first phase of early rehabilitation to educational and professional reintegration. Children and adolescents of all age groups are admitted to treatment in the department. Chief Physician of the department is Dr. med. Martin Köhler.
The department has at its disposal the state-of-the-art equipment for artificial respiration and reliable video surveillance. This ensures the earliest possible start of intensive care. Beyond that, the department has special capabilities for treatment of patients suffering from diseases and injuries of the spinal cord and is considered among the renowned centers for treatment of paraplegia.
The range of services offered by the department includes diagnostics and treatment of the following diseases:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Brain damage due to lack of oxygen, tumor, bleeding, stroke, inflammation, metabolic disorders
- Multiple sclerosis
- Congenital or neonatal neurological injury
- Cerebral movement disorders (spasticity, dystonia, ataxia)
- Neuromuscular diseases
- Language, speech and voice disorders
- Swallowing and feeding disorders
- Migraine and other chronic headaches
- Diseases or injuries of the spinal cord (cross-sectional syndromes, spina bifida)
- Diseases of the peripheral nervous system (plexus paresis, hereditary neuropathies, Guillian-Barré syndrome, etc.)
- Developmental disorders
- And other diseases
Whenever possible, the specialists of the department analyze the results of previous medical examinations in order not to expose children to additional stress during the repeated examination. However, to carry out the missing diagnostic and routine control procedures, the department has all cutting-edge medical diagnostic technologies.
The diagnostic options of the department include:
- All methods of instrumental diagnostics, including electroencephalography with the possibility of long-term monitoring, electromyography and electroneurography, electroencephalography with video visualization, etc.
- Neuropsychological diagnostics: the use of both instrumental and non-instrumental methods to detect violations of perception, attention, memory and personality disorders
- Functional diagnostics: the determination of the required amount of treatment, as well as the intensity of physical, occupational and language therapy
- Pedagogical diagnostics: assessment of functional readiness, for example, for further education
- Psychosocial diagnostics: social adaptation in society
The department offers the full range of therapeutic services. The specialists of the department counsel parents and their children in regard to appropriate auxiliary aids and therapeutic methods and determine the optimal treatment strategy. Needless to say, the children have the opportunity to try out different methods in order to decide which one is best suited to their individual rehabilitation programs.
The therapeutic range of services of the department comprises the following options:
- Physiotherapy on a neurophysiological basis
- Physical therapy
- Sports therapy
- Animal assisted therapy and hippotherapy
- Conductive education (method of A. Petö)
- Occupational therapy
- Speech therapy (logopedics)
- Music therapy
- Clinic school (Neuropedagogy)
- Medical-professional rehabilitation (Phase II)
- Therapeutic care and other methods
Photo of the doctor: (c) VAMED Klinik Hohenstücken
Department of Pediatric Neurological Rehabilitation.
Helios Clinic for Pediatric Neurological Rehabilitation Hohenstücken:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.