Hirslanden Andreasclinic Cham Zug Cham
Department of Adult and Pediatric Ophthalmology (603739)
Specialized in: adult and pediatric ophthalmology
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Ophthalmology at the Hirslanden Andreasclinic Cham Zug Cham offers patients the highly accurate diagnostics, conservative and surgical treatment of the full range of diseases of the eye and its appendages. Of particular interest is the treatment of cataracts, glaucoma, age-related macular degeneration, refractive eye surgery, as well as the treatment of ophthalmic diseases in children.
The department is headed by Dr. med. Alexander Herrmann – well-known ophthalmologist in medical circles who has unique qualifications in the area of his specialization and daily returns his patients the joy of seeing.
The innovative medical equipment, the use of modern treatments and the high professionalism of the department's doctors guarantee an optimal solution of ophthalmic problems, including especially complex ones. The department has more than 30 years of successful clinical experience in the field of its competence, and also ranks among the leading specialized medical facilities of this kind in Switzerland.
The department's range of medical services includes:
- Diagnostics and surgical treatment of cataracts
- Diagnostics and treatment of glaucoma using eye drops, laser techniques, as well as surgical interventions
- Diagnostics and treatment of age-related macular degeneration (for example, injections of drugs into the vitreous body)
- Diagnostics and surgical treatment of retinal detachment (laser surgery can be used at the initial stages, while the advanced stages of the pathology require more complex surgical procedures)
- Diagnostics and treatment of strabismus in adults and children (conservative and surgical techniques)
- Diagnostics and treatment of dry eye syndrome
- Diagnostics and treatment of myopia/hyperopia (surgical implantation of intraocular lenses)
- Refractive surgery (laser vision correction)
- Diagnostics and treatment of diabetic angiopathy (laser treatment, classical surgery, injection of drugs into the eyeball)
- Diagnostics and treatment of conjunctivitis
- Diagnostics and treatment of keratoconus (vision correction using contact lenses, cross-linking technique)
- Cosmetic surgery of the eyelids (correction of superior sulcus hollowing)
- Diagnostics and treatment of tear duct diseases (for example, lavage, endoscopic dacryocystorhinostomy in occlusions)
- Diagnostics and treatment of pediatric eye diseases
- Other medical services
- Surgical treatment of cataracts and refractive eye surgery
- Removal of lens through miniature incisions (even in the complex clinical case).
- Treatment of traumatic cataracts.
- Secondary lens implantation.
- Refractive eye surgery for ametropia of high degree (for example, implantation of phakic intraocular lenses).
- Surgical treatment of macular and retinal pathologies
- Intravitreal injection of drugs for the treatment of macular diseases.
- 23-gauge vitrectomy for the treatment of macular diseases.
- 23-gauge vitrectomy for the treatment of retinal detachment, retinal and vitreous diseases.
- Plastic and reconstructive eyelid surgery
- Treatment of ectropion, entropion, ptosis and blepharoplegia (in facial paralysis).
- Resection of eyelid tumors with follow-up reconstruction (flap surgery, free skin grafts).
- Deep sclerectomy, trabeculectomy, cyclocryo- and cyclophotocoagulation.
- Blepharoplasty for cosmetic purposes.
- Since August 2012 Work in Private Ophthalmic Practice (Praxis für Augenchirurgie und Augenkrankheiten).
- 2010 - 2012 Ophthalmologist (Swiss Medical Association), General Private Practice in Sursee, Day Hospital in Lucerne.
- 2005 - 2010 Senior Consultant and Deputy Chief Physician of the Department of Ophthalmology, Offenburg Hospital.
- 2003 - 2005 Senior Physician, Department of Ophthalmology, St. Vincentius Hospital Karlsruhe.
Higher Education and Postgraduate Training
- January 2009 - December 2009 Training in Health Care Institution Management (in-service training).
- 2007 Theoretical basis of the specialty in complex intraocular and laser interventions.
- August 2003 Board certification in Ophthalmology.
- 2001 Doctoral thesis defense, Department of Pediatrics, University Hospital Leipzig.
- 1999 - 2003 Training in the Department of Ophthalmology at the University Hospital Tuebingen.
- 1997 - 1999 Training in the Department of Ophthalmology at the University Hospital Leipzig.
- 1996 - 1997 Research Fellow and Doctorate at the University Hospital Leipzig.
- 1990 - 1996 Study of Human Medicine at the Faculty of Medicine, Leipzig University.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Hirslanden AG
Department of Adult and Pediatric Ophthalmology.
Hirslanden Andreasclinic Cham Zug Cham:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.