Hirslanden Andreasclinic Cham Zug Cham
Department of Reproductive Medicine (603751)
Specialized in: reproductive medicine
About the Department of Reproductive Medicine at Hirslanden Andreasclinic Cham Zug Cham
The Department of Reproductive Medicine at the Hirslanden Andreasclinic Cham Zug Cham offers the full range of modern assisted reproductive technologies for conception. For the onset of long-awaited pregnancy in women, the department's specialists apply all their clinical experience, as well as medical and technical resources of laboratories. The department is headed Dr. med. Graziella Bracone.
The first stage of treatment is individual consultation followed by the comprehensive diagnostics for detection of the causes of infertility, which can be very diverse. According to the diagnostic results, the medical specialist will decide on the most suitable technique or a combination of several techniques. The department's doctors strongly support couples on the way to the desired pregnancy.
The department’s range of medical services includes:
- A set of preliminary examinations for women (hormonal status, tests for the presence of antibodies, assessment of the ovarian reserve, assessment of the endometrium, assessment of the fallopian tube patency, etc.), as well as male fertility assessment (spermogram)
- Ovarian stimulation using tablet or injection hormone therapy (drug selection and dosage are determined individually)
- Intrauterine insemination (performed in the absence of changes in the woman's uterus, as well as in the absence of sperm pathology in the partner; the essence of the procedure is the collection of high-quality sperm, which is inserted into the uterine cavity using a catheter)
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) – in vitro fertilization with micro-injection of sperm into the egg
- In vitro fertilization (a female egg is fertilized by male sperm outside the body – "in vitro")
- Preimplantation genetic diagnosis (identification of genetic abnormalities in the embryo before implantation in the uterus, that is, before pregnancy)
- Embryo transfer (transfer of embryos into the uterine cavity) – the procedure is carried out 3-5 days after fertilization
- Embryo cryopreservation
- Ovarian tissue cryopreservation
- Sperm cryopreservation
- Testicular sperm extraction (TESE)
- Psychological support
- Other diagnostic and therapeutic options
Curriculum vitae of Dr. med. Graziella Bracone
- Preservation of reproductive function in patients with cancers.
- Assisted reproductive technologies.
- Since 2019 Head of the Department of Reproductive Medicine at the Hirslanden Andreasclinic Cham Zug Cham.
- 2013 Head of the Center for Reproductive Medicine (IVF and Andrology Laboratory), Cantonal Hospital Lucerne.
- 2012 Specialist in Embryology, Center for Reproductive Medicine, University Hospital Zurich.
- 2006 Internship, Department of Embryology and In Vitro Fertilization, Istituto Clinico Humanitas, Rossano, Italy.
- 1999 Research Biologist, Department of Artificial Insemination, Clinic Sant'Orsola Malpighi, Bologna, Italy.
Higher Education and Postgraduate Training
- Bachelor's Degree in Biological Sciences, University of Bologna.
- Master's Degree in Pathological Physiology, University of Bologna.
- 2010 Board Certification – Clinical Embryologist, European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology (ESHRE).
- Master of Science "Use of Biotechnology in Human Reproduction and Embryology", University of Valencia in collaboration with IVI Valencia Center. Thesis subject: "Advantages and disadvantages of embryo transfer on the 3rd day and at the blastocyst stage".
Photo of the doctor: (c) Hirslanden AG
Department of Reproductive Medicine.
Hirslanden Andreasclinic Cham Zug Cham:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.