Hirslanden Clinic Aarau
Department of Cardiology (26315)
Specialized in: cardiology
About the department
The Department of Cardiology at the Hirslanden Clinic Aarau offers the full service range in the field of its competence and specializes in the diagnostics, treatment and monitoring of patients with heart diseases. A special focus in clinical practice is on the treatment of angina pectoris, heart valve diseases, heart defects, arrhythmias and acute coronary syndrome. The department is headed by PD Dr. med. Laurent Haegeli.
The team of the department's doctors provides both drug therapy and invasive therapeutic procedures within 3 progressive Cardiac Catheterization Laboratories. The department employs a highly professional team of doctors with extensive clinical experience, as well as with the certification in accordance with the requirements of the Swiss Medical Association (FMH), who work for the benefit of their patients.
To establish an accurate diagnosis, the department has all modern technical resources, including imaging diagnostic systems. The diagnostic options include stress and resting ECG, 24-hour ECG monitoring, 24-hour blood pressure monitoring, echocardiography (transthoracic and transesophageal), stress echocardiography, 3D mapping, coronary angiography, diagnostic cardiac catheterization.
The therapeutic options of the department include:
- Medical care in acute coronary syndrome
- Coronary artery balloon dilatation
- Coronary artery stent implantation
- Implantation of pacemakers for the treatment of arrhythmias
- Implantation of defibrillators for the treatment of heart arrhythmias
- Radiofrequency catheter ablation for the treatment of heart arrhythmias
- Drug therapy and conservative treatment of chronic heart failure
- Other medical services
- Heart rhythm disturbances (heart arrhythmias).
- Catheter ablation.
- Implantation of pacemakers and defibrillators.
- Cardiac resynchronization therapy.
- Since 2018 Chief Physician of the Department of Cardiology, Head of the Section of Electrophysiology, Cantonal Hospital Aarau.
- 2014 - 2017 Head of the Department of Invasive Electrophysiology, Heart Center, University Hospital Zurich.
- 2009 - 2014 Senior Physician, Department of Cardiology, Heart Center, University Hospital Zurich.
- 2008 - 2009 Senior Physician of the Department of Rhythmology, Hirslanden Clinic, Zurich.
- 2003 - 2004 Assistant Physician, Department of Cardiology, Heart Centre Bad Krozingen at the University Hospital Freiburg.
- 2002 - 2003 Assistant Physician, Department of Cardiology, University Hospital Basel.
- 2000 - 2002 Assistant Physician, Heart Center at the University Hospital Zurich.
- 1998 - 2000 Assistant Physician, Department of Internal Medicine, Cantonal Hospital Aarau.
Higher Education and Postgraduate Training
- 2012 Habilitation in Cardiology and Venia Legendi, University of Zurich.
- 2007 - 2008 Scholarship in Interventional Cardiology, Royal Jubilee Hospital and Victoria Heart Institute Foundation, Victoria, Canada.
- 2005 - 2008 Invasive Cardiology Scholarship, Royal Jubilee Hospital and Victoria Heart Institute Foundation, Victoria, Canada.
- 2005 - 2008 Lecturer, University of Victoria, British Columbia.
- 1998 Doctoral thesis defense, University of Basel.
- 1997 State Medical Examination.
- 1995 - 1997 Study of Medicine at the Faculty of Medicine, University of Basel.
- 1994 - 1995 Scholarship, Pitié-Salpêtrière University Hospital, Paris.
- 1991 - 1994 Study of Medicine at the Faculty of Medicine, University of Basel.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- Basel Medical Association.
- Swiss Medical Association (FMH).
- Zurich Society of Cardiology.
- Swiss Society of Cardiology.
- Working Group on Pacemakers and Electrophysiology of the Swiss Society of Cardiology.
- Working Group on Heart Failure of the Swiss Society of Cardiology.
- European Society of Cardiology.
- European Heart Rhythm Association.
- Heart Failure Association.
- Canadian Cardiovascular Society.
Department of Cardiology.
Hirslanden Clinic Aarau:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.