Hirslanden Clinic Aarau
Department of Nephrology (26331)
Specialized in: nephrology
About the department
The Department of Nephrology at the Hirslanden Clinic Aarau offers the full range of medical services in the field of its competence and specializes in the treatment of kidney diseases. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Andreas Bock.
The key focus of the department's clinical work is the dialysis procedures. The department deals with the treatment of patients at the age of 16 and older, including patients with hepatitis B, C and HIV. As a rule, dialysis is performed on an outpatient basis. To perform it, the department has modern devices located in comfortable dialysis rooms. During the procedure, the patient is under the monitoring of qualified medical personnel.
The department's doctors devote a sufficient amount of time to individual consultations with patients and take care of their comfort during the diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
The department's range of medical services includes:
- Diagnostics and treatment of acute and chronic kidney failure
- Kidney biopsy (on an outpatient basis)
- Consultations prior to dialysis
- Nutrition counseling for patients with kidney diseases
- Diagnostics and preparation for kidney transplant
- Follow-up care after kidney transplant
- Dialysis procedures
- Single needle dialysis
- Double needle dialysis
- Bicarbonate dialysis
- Other diagnostic and therapeutic services
- Since October 2019 Head of the Department of Nephrology at the Hirslanden Clinic Aarau.
- 1997 - October 2018 Chief Physician of the Department of Nephrology, Cantonal Hospital Aarau.
- 1991 - 1997 Senior Physician, Department of Nephrology, Cantonal Hospital Basel.
- 1985 - 1991 Research internships in Texas and Basel.
- 1985 Senior Physician, Department of Nephrology, Cantonal Hospital Basel.
- 1983 - 1985 Assistant Physician, Department of Nephrology, Cantonal Hospital Basel.
- 1980 - 1983 Assistant Physician, Department of Internal Medicine, Cantonal Hospital Basel.
- 1979 - 1980 Assistant Physician, Department of Internal Medicine, Bürgerspital Solothurn.
- 1978 - 1979 Assistant Physician, Department of Psychiatry, University Hospital Basel.
Higher Education and Postgraduate Training
- 2003 Professorship in Internal Medicine and Nephrology.
- 1996 Habilitation in Internal Medicine and Nephrology.
- 1989 Board Certification in Nephrology, Swiss Medical Association (FMH).
- 1984 Board Certification in Internal Medicine, Swiss Medical Association (FMH).
- 1978 Doctoral Degree in Medicine.
- 1977 State Medical Exam.
- 1971 - 1977 Study of Human Medicine at the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Basel.
Department of Nephrology.
Hirslanden Clinic Aarau:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.