Hirslanden Clinic Aarau
Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine (603852)
Specialized in: pediatric and adolescent medicine
About the department
The Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine at the Hirslanden Clinic Aarau provides consultations, diagnostics and treatment of children with various pathologies. The department's specialists provide their services to children of all age groups – from infants to young children and adolescents. The priority task of the department's competent medical team is proper physical and psycho-emotional development of the child, and in the case of development of any impairments – their timely elimination. The department's doctors make every effort so that young patients feel comfortable and do not experience fears associated with the upcoming treatment. For this purpose, the department has well-equipped play areas. The Chief Physician of the department is Dr. med. Mélanie Doutaz.
The department's clinical focuses include:
- Comprehensive care and monitoring of newborns, infants, young children and adolescents (both healthy children and those with health problems)
- Preventive examinations to monitor the proper physical and psycho-emotional development of the child
- Vaccination, including travel vaccination counseling
- Emergency medical care for children and minor surgical interventions
- Hearing and vision screening according to the age of the child
- Tympanometry (examination of the mobility of the tympanic membrane under air pressure in the external auditory canal using a special probe)
- General laboratory tests
- Diagnostics and treatment of allergies using desensitization
- Ultrasound examination of the hip joints in infants for hip dysplasia detection
- Diagnostics, medical care and counseling in the case of developmental disorders, including cognitive impairment
- Medical care and monitoring of children with chronic diseases in collaboration with related doctors
- Other medical services
- June 2005 Opening of Private Practice in Aarau.
- 2001 - 2005 Senior Physician, Department of Pediatrics, Children's Hospital in Lucerne.
- 2000 - 2001 Assistant Physician, Children's Hospital in Zurich.
- 2000 Work in Dr. P. Studer’s Private Practice, Reinach.
- 2000 Invited Doctor, Department of Adolescent Medicine, Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology, Children's Hospital in Montreal.
- 1999 Assistant Physician, Department of Pediatrics, Cantonal Hospital Baden.
- 1997 - 1998 Assistant Physician, Children's Hospital Aarau.
- 1994 - 1996 Assistant Physician, Department of Internal Medicine, Cantonal Hospital Olten.
- 1993 - 1994 Assistant Physician, Department of Surgery, Cantonal Hospital Aarau.
- 1992 Assistant Physician, Bernische Höhenklinik Bellevue, Montana.
Higher Education and Postgraduate Training
- 2001 Board certification in Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine, Swiss Medical Association (FMH).
- 1991 State Medical Examination and doctoral thesis defense, University of Bern.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- Swiss Society of Pediatrics (SGP).
- Swiss Association for Ultrasound in Pediatrics (SVUPP).
Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine.
Hirslanden Clinic Aarau:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.