Hirslanden Clinic Aarau
Department of Neurology (603856)
Specialized in: neurology
About the department
The Department of Neurology at the Hirslanden Clinic Aarau offers all the options of modern medicine for the effective detection and treatment of pathologies of the nervous system. Of particular interest are the treatment of stroke, multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, headaches and back pain. The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Adam Czaplinski.
The department's neurologists cooperate closely with neurosurgeons, so that patients can benefit from the comprehensive approach to treatment. The doctors provide medical care both on an inpatient and outpatient basis. Thanks to the high-tech equipment and exclusively professional medical staff, the department has the status of the Center of Competence throughout Switzerland.
The department's range of medical services includes:
- Diagnostics and treatment of epilepsy
- Diagnostics, consultation and continuous support for patients with epilepsy
- Electroencephalography, including on an outpatient basis
- Counseling and care for pregnant women with epilepsy
- Vagus nerve stimulation for drug-resistant epilepsy
- Neuropsychological diagnostics
- Cranial MRI and other specialized imaging examinations of the brain (in collaboration with the Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology)
- "Second opinion"
- Diagnostics and treatment of multiple sclerosis
- Comprehensive diagnostics – clinical and neurological examination, MRI, lumbar puncture, blood test and recording of evoked potentials
- Treatment within clinical trials (on the basis of the Basel University Hospital)
- Emergency treatment of seizures by intravenous injection of glucocorticosteroids
- Outpatient escalation therapy for active types of multiple sclerosis with constant monitoring by neurologist
- Intravenous therapy (for example, by monoclonal antibodies)
- "Second opinion"
- Diagnostics and treatment of stroke
- Stroke risk assessment
- Ultrasound examination of the cerebral vessels (Doppler/duplex scanning), cardiological examination, as well as laboratory tests (if necessary)
- Lysis therapy
- "Second opinion" service
- Diagnostics and treatment of headaches (migraines, cluster headaches and tension headaches)
- Differential diagnostics according to an individual clinical case
- Treatment and monitoring of treatment effectiveness
- Laboratory tests in other suspected pathologies
- CT or MRI for suspected tumors, intracerebral hemorrhage and trauma
- Diagnostics and treatment of back pains
- Comprehensive neurological examination, including electroneurography and magnetic resonance imaging
- Drug therapy
- Diagnostics and treatment of dystonia (the main focus is on the treatment of motor disorders, torticollis, blepharospasm, spasticity)
- Electromyography-guided botulinum toxin injections
- Diagnostics and treatment of other neurological disorders
- Multiple sclerosis.
- Neuromuscular diseases.
- Since 2020 Head of the Department of Neurology of Hirslanden Clinic Aarau.
- Since 2009 Chief Physician of the Neurology Network of the Bellevue Medical Group.
- 2008 - 2009 Head of the Department of Neurology and Neurosurgery at the University Hospital Basel.
- 2003 - 2008 Senior Physician in the Department of Neurology at the University Hospital Basel.
- 2003 - 2005 Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Neurology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA.
- 2003 Senior Physician, Department of Neurology, University Hospital Basel.
- 1999 - 2002 Assistant Physician in the Department of Neurology at the University Hospital Basel.
- 1998 - 1999 Assistant Physician in the Department of Neurosurgery at the Cantonal Hospital Aarau.
- 1997 - 1998 Assistant Physician in the Department of Neurology and Neurorehabilitation, RehaKlinik Rheinfelden.
- 1995 - 1997 Assistant Physician, Department of Neurology, Paraplegia Center (Schweizer Paraplegikerzentrum), Basel.
- 1994 - 1995 Assistant Physician in the Department of Internal Medicine at the Cantonal Hospital Bruderholz, Basel.
Higher Education and Postgraduate Training
- 2007 Habilitation, University of Basel.
- 2002 Board certification in Neurology.
- 2001 Doctoral thesis defense, University of Basel. Subject: "The role of brain lesion according to images in T2 mode during determination of prognosis of the progression of multiple sclerosis".
- 1987 - 1994 Study of Human Medicine, Medical University of Gdańsk, Poland, University of Basel, Switzerland.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- Swiss Neurological Society (SNG).
- Swiss Society of Clinical Neurophysiology (SGKN).
- European Neurological Society (ENS).
- American Academy of Neurology (AAN).
- Swiss Medical Association (FMH).
- Swiss Multiple Sclerosis Society (SMSG).
- Swiss Society for Muscular Dystrophy (SGMK).
Photo of the doctor: (c) Hirslanden AG
Department of Neurology.
Hirslanden Clinic Aarau:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.