Hirslanden Clinic am Rosenberg Heiden
Department of Vascular and General Surgery (603724)
Specialized in: vascular and general surgery
About the Department of Vascular and General Surgery at Hirslanden Clinic am Rosenberg Heiden
The Department of Vascular and General Surgery at the Hirslanden Clinic am Rosenberg Heiden offers the full range of highly accurate diagnostics and effective treatment of diseases of veins, arteries and lymphatic vessels. In addition, the department performs interventions in the field of general surgery. Depending on the complexity of the clinical case, the treatment can be provided both on an inpatient and outpatient basis. The Chief Physician of the department is PD Dr. med. Jochen Kick.
The department's doctors have special competence in the treatment of varicose veins, obliterating endarteritis, as well as chronic venous insufficiency, which is accompanied by trophic disorders. Many interventions can be performed using sparing minimally invasive techniques, which guarantee rapid recovery of the patient and minimal surgical risks.
The department’s modern infrastructure combined with the exceptional professionalism of doctors allows achieving optimal results even in especially complex pathological changes. The vascular surgeons provide treatment in strict accordance with modern clinical protocols, and also follow treatment recommendations of the professional societies for vascular surgery.
The department’s range of medical services includes:
- Surgical treatment of venous diseases
- Varicose veins
- Deep vein thrombosis
- Pathological lesions of the venous valves (for example, weak venous valves)
- Venous reflux
- Surgical treatment of arterial diseases
- Arterial stenosis and occlusion
- Obliterating endarteritis
- Surgical treatment of diseases of the lymphatic vessels
- Primary and secondary lymphedema, with swelling of the upper and lower limbs (surgical treatment can be complemented by lymphatic drainage, physiotherapy exercises, compression therapy using special stockings)
- General surgery
- Inguinal and umbilical hernias
- Skin neoplasms
- Other surgical options
Curriculum vitae of PD Dr. med. Jochen Kick
- Since January 2017 Work in the Department of Vascular and General Surgery at the Hirslanden Clinic am Rosenberg Heiden.
- Since October 2016 Private Practice in Vascular Surgery, St. Gallen Center for Venous Surgery.
- October 2014 - September 2016 Leading Physician, Department of Thoracic Surgery, Cantonal Hospital St. Gallen.
- October 2014 - December 2014 Acting Head of the Department of Thoracic Surgery, Cantonal Hospital St. Gallen.
- 2012 - 2014 Senior Physician, Department of Vascular, Thoracic and Transplant Surgery, Cantonal Hospital St. Gallen.
- 2007 - 2012 Senior Physician, Department of Thoracic and Vascular Surgery, University Hospital Ulm, Germany.
- Doctor (Thoracic Surgery), Comprehensive Cancer Center Ulm, Germany.
- 1996 - 2007 Assistant Physician, University Hospital Ulm, Germany.
Higher Education and Postgraduate Training
- 2010 Specialization in Thoracic Surgery.
- 2008 Habilitation, University of Ulm, Germany.
- 2006 Specialization in Thoracic Surgery.
- 2005 Expert knowledge in Laser Therapy, Max Planck Society for the Advancement of Science.
- 2003 - 2004 Research work at the Institute of Anesthetic Pathophysiology, University of Ulm, Germany.
- 2004 Board Certification in Surgery, University of Ulm, Germany.
- 1998 Doctoral thesis defense at the University of Ulm, Germany. Subject: "An experimental research of minimally invasive correction of aneurysms in the III section of the aorta on animals".
- 1989 - 1996 Study of Human Medicine at the Universities of Ulm and Vienna.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Hirslanden AG
Department of Vascular and General Surgery.
Hirslanden Clinic am Rosenberg Heiden:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.