Surgical resection of chordoma of the sacrum (program ID: 207069)
Hirslanden Clinic am Rosenberg Heiden
Andreas BischofSpecialized in: orthopedics
Department of Orthopedics
- Initial presentation in the clinic
- clinical history taking
- physical examination
- review of medical records
- laboratory tests:
- complete blood count
- general urine analysis
- biochemical analysis of blood
- TSH-basal, fT3, fT4
- tumor markers
- indicators of inflammation
- indicators blood coagulation
- CT/MRI scan of the sacrum
- biopsy and histological examination
- preoperative care
- resection of tumor
- histologically and immunohistochemically examination of the removed tissues
- symptomatic treatment
- control examinations
- the cost of essential medicines and materials
- nursing services
- full hospital accommodation
- explanation of future recommendations
- Medical records
- MRI/CT scan (not older than 3 months)
- Biopsy results (if available)
You may also book
About the department
The Department of Orthopedics at the Hirslanden Clinic am Rosenberg Heiden offers the high-precision diagnostics, modern conservative and surgical treatment of diseases of the musculoskeletal system. The main areas of specialization cover medical care for diseases and injuries of the hip, knee and shoulder, as well as sports injuries. The operating rooms are equipped with state-of-the-art devices for minimally invasive interventions. Particular attention is also paid to postoperative patient care aimed at the speedy restoration of mobility and the elimination of pain. The Chief Physician of the department is Dr. med. Andreas Bischof.
The department’s spectrum of medical services includes:
- Diagnostics and treatment of shoulder diseases
- Arthroscopic interventions for shoulder impingement syndrome
- Arthroscopic and open interventions for shoulder instability
- Arthroscopic and open rotator cuff reconstruction
- Interventions for calcification of the forearm and biceps brachii tendon lesions
- Shoulder replacement surgery (implantation of inverse and anatomical shoulder prostheses)
- Shoulder fracture treatment
- Diagnostics and treatment of hip diseases
- Hip replacement surgery (total)
- Revision interventions to replace previously implanted hip prostheses
- Joint-preserving surgery for hip impingement syndrome or articular lip lesions
- Hip fracture treatment
- Diagnostics and treatment of knee diseases
- Arthroscopic knee surgery
- Meniscal surgery
- Operations on the anterior and posterior cruciate ligament
- Microfracture surgery
- Open joint-preserving surgery
- Lateral ligament surgery
- Treatment of patellar lesions
- Treatment of cartilage defects using the AMIC technique
- Partial and total knee replacement surgery
- Revision interventions to replace previously implanted knee prostheses
- Knee fracture treatment
- Arthroscopic knee surgery
- Other therapeutic services
- 1981 State Examination in Medicine, University of Basel.
- 1981 - 1983 Work in the Department of Surgery at the Spital Rorschach.
- 1984 - 1987 Work in the Cantonal Hospital St. Gallen.
- 1987 - 1991 Work at the Schulthessklinik in Zurich.
- 1991 - 2018 Jint Orthopaedic Practice Rosenberg.
- Since 2018 Private Orthopaedic Practice Orthopädie Ost.
- Shoulder surgery.
- Sports orthopedics.
- Trauma surgery.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- European Society for Surgery of the Shoulder and Elbow (SECEC).
- German-speaking Working Group on Arthroscopy (AGA).
- Swiss Society of Sports Medicine.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Hirslanden AG