Plastic reconstruction of the pelvic organs in cystocele and rectocele (program ID: 67997)
Hirslanden Clinic Meggen
Stefanie AmannSpecialized in: adult and pediatric gynecology, obstetrics, reproductive medicine
Department of Adult and Pediatric Gynecology, Obstetrics, Reproductive Medicine
- Initial presentation in the clinic
- clinical history taking
- review of medical records
- physical examination
- laboratory tests:
- complete blood count
- general urine analysis
- biochemical analysis of blood
- inflammation indicators (CRP, ESR)
- indicators blood coagulation
- gynecological examination
- ultrasound examination: pelvis, abdomen
- preoperative care
- plastic reconstruction of the pelvic organs
- symptomatic treatment
- control examinations
- the cost of essential medicines and materials
- nursing services
- full hospital accommodation
- explanation of future recommendations
You may also book
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Gynecology, Obstetrics, Reproductive Medicine at the Hirslanden Clinic Meggen offers top-class services for the diagnostics and treatment of the full spectrum of diseases of the female reproductive system. The department's specialists also hold consultations and carry out diagnostic examinations for girls and women with puberty disorders, irregular periods, etc. The department's competence includes management of pregnancy, childbirth and postnatal care for both mother and child. The department's service range is complemented by the diagnostics and treatment of infertility using IVF and ICSI procedures. The department is headed by Dr. med. Stefanie Amann.
As of today, cancers of the female reproductive system (uterine, cervical, ovarian cancers, etc.) are quite common, so the department implements a cancer screening program. This approach allows the doctor to prevent the development of oncology or to detect it at the initial stage, which greatly simplifies the therapeutic process and allows the patient to achieve complete recovery. Screening is carried out in accordance with the recommendations of the Swiss Society of Gynecology and Obstetrics. The standard protocol includes such diagnostic examinations as oncocytology smear test, bimanual vaginal examination, examination and palpation of the breast. If necessary, additional tests may be conducted.
The priority tasks of the department's medical team include contraception consultations (the method of contraception is selected individually – contraceptive pills, vaginal ring, contraceptive injections, hormonal intrauterine devices), treatment of symptoms of menopause, treatment of infections of the female genital system, etc.
The department's obstetricians monitor the course of pregnancy and carry out all the necessary examinations for successful child bearing and the birth of a healthy baby. The department also carries out such diagnostic tests as PAPP-A (pregnancy-associated plasma protein A testing), non-invasive prenatal testing (NIPT) to obtain information about possible chromosomal abnormalities in the fetus (starting from the 10th weeks of pregnancy), amniocentesis and chorionic biopsy to detect or exclude chromosomal abnormalities, etc.
Childbirth takes place in well-equipped maternity rooms with everything necessary for the comfort and safety of the expectant mother and baby. To relieve pain, women in labor are offered various methods of pain relief, ranging from massage, aromatherapy, relaxation baths to epidural and peridural anesthesia, general anesthesia. Depending on the clinical indications, childbirth may be natural or with C-section.
In the field of reproductive medicine, the doctors provide the comprehensive diagnostics of infertility with a detection of its causes in both partners. Women undergo hormonal tests, ultrasound examinations, assessment of the fallopian tube patency. The main analysis for detection or exclusion of the male factor infertility is spermogram. With the available test results, the attending physician develops an optimal treatment regimen aimed at conceiving a long-awaited pregnancy. The department's therapeutic options include hormone therapy, intrauterine fertilization and in vitro fertilization (IVF). The department's fertility specialists most often resort to IVF, which today demonstrates the best results, if it is impossible to conceive a child naturally. The ICSI (intracytoplasmic sperm injection) procedure complements IVF, if according to the results of the spermogram, the semen contains insufficient amounts of high quality sperm cells for successful fertilization of the egg. If necessary, both partners can receive qualified psychological support during the entire treatment process.
The department's key clinical focuses include:
- Prevention, diagnostics and treatment of cancers of the female reproductive system (uterine, cervical, ovarian cancers, etc.)
- Diagnostics and treatment of infectious diseases of the female reproductive sysytem
- Diagnostics and treatment menopausal symptoms
- Contraception counseling for women
- Counseling and examination for girls with gynecological problems (for example, discharge, itching in the genital area, premature or delayed puberty, menstrual irregularities, etc.)
- Comprehensive management of pregnancy, including ultrasound examinations using state-of-the-art 3D/4D equipment
- Natural childbirth
- Pain relief during childbirth
- Relaxation baths
- Epidural and peridural anesthesia
- General anesthesia
- Postpartum care for mother and baby, including breastfeeding counseling
- Reproductive medicine
- Diagnostics of infertility
- Set of hormonal tests in women
- Ultrasound diagnostics
- Assessment of fallopian tube patency
- Assessment of ovarian reserve
- Spermogram in men
- Fertility treatment
- Hormone therapy in endocrine disorders preventing conception
- Intrauterine insemination
- In vitro fertilization (IVF)
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI)
- Diagnostics of infertility
- Other medical services
- Study of Human Medicine and State Examination at the University of Mainz.
- 2006 - 2008 Assistant Physician, Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Cantonal Hospital Lucerne, Wolhusen.
- 2008 - 2009 Assistant Physician in the Department of Surgery at the Cantonal Hospital Lucerne, Lucerne.
- 2009 - 2012 Assistant Physician of the newly established Department of Gynecology at the Cantonal Hospital Lucerne, Lucerne.
- 2013 Board certification in Gynecology and Obstetrics, Swiss Medical Association (FMH).
- 2012 - 2015 Senior Physician, Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Cantonal Hospital Lucerne, Wolhusen.
- Since 01.11.2015 Joint private practice with Dr. med. Marina Etienne-Turchi and Dr. med. Girard Netzer.
- Since 01.01.2016 Work in the Department of Adult and Pediatric Gynecology, Obstetrics, Reproductive Medicine at the Hirslanden Clinic Meggen.
- Management of pregnancy and childbirth.
- Gynecologic surgery (laparoscopy).
- 3D/4D ultrasound examinations in gynecology and obstetrics.
- Pediatric and adolescent gynecology.
- Diagnostics of breast diseases.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- Swiss Medical Association (FMH).
- Swiss Society of Gynecology and Obstetrics (SGGG).
- Medical Association of the Canton of Lucerne.
- Swiss Central Association of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.
Photo of the doctor: (с) Hirslanden Clinic Meggen
Accommodation in hospital
- Program [Description]
Plastic reconstruction of the pelvic organs in cystocele and rectocele
- Hospital: Hirslanden Clinic Meggen
- access_time Duration:
There are 88 cystocele and rectocele treatment hospitals on Booking Health websiteShow all clinics