Hirslanden Salem-Spital Bern
Department of Urology and Nephrology (26419)
Specialized in: urology, nephrology
About the Department of Urology and Nephrology at Hirslanden Salem-Spital Bern
The Department of Urology and Nephrology at the Hirslanden Salem-Spital Bern offers the accurate diagnostics and treatment of the full range of diseases of the kidneys, urinary system in men and women, as well as of the male reproductive system. The department is headed by PD Dr. med. Jörn Kamradt.
The department also provides renal replacement therapy (dialysis). The dialysis procedures take place in specially equipped rooms, with strict adherence to all clinical protocols. If surgical treatment is necessary, the innovative da Vinci XI Surgical System is used for the most sparing and accurate operations. The use of the very latest medical and technical resources, as well as effective treatment methods guarantees optimal therapeutic results.
The department specializes in the diagnostics and treatment of the following diseases:
- Prostate cancer
- Testicular tumors
- Kidney tumors
- Bladder tumors
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia
- Renal pelvis stenosis
- Kidney stone disease
- Inflammatory processes in the genitourinary system
- Urethral stenosis
- Erectile dysfunction
- Other diseases
The diagnostic and therapeutic options of the department include:
- Laboratory tests
- Ultrasound examinations of the kidneys, bladder, prostate and testicles
- Ultrasound-guided kidney and prostate biopsy
- Urodynamic examinations
- Blood gas analysis
- Dialysis procedures
- Hemofiltration and hemodiafiltration
- Single- and double-needle dialysis
- Peritoneal dialysis
- Bicarbonate dialysis
- Preparation for kidney transplantation
- Infusion therapy
- Interdisciplinary care for genetic kidney disease
- Classical surgery, laser therapy
- Surgical treatment of testicular tumors
- Surgical treatment of penile cancer, including lymph node removal
- Urethral reconstructive surgery
- Interventions for diseases of the external genitalia (for example, phimosis, hydrocele, cryptorchidism, varicocele)
- Transurethral resection of the prostate
- Transurethral resection of the bladder
- Endoscopic treatment of urethral stenosis, ureteral diseases, kidney stone disease
- Percutaneous nephrolithotripsy
- Treatment of condylomata acuminata using cryotherapy or laser
- Robotic surgery using the da Vinci Surgical System
- Radical prostatectomy
- Kidney and ureter removal
- Bladder removal, all types of urinary diversion
- Surgical treatment of renal pelvis stenosis and kidney cysts
- Surgical treatment of adrenal gland pathologies
- Reconstructive surgery of the ureters, including the formation of a new ureter
- Surgical treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia
- Dialysis procedures
- Other medical services
Curriculum vitae of PD Dr. med. Jörn Kamradt
- Urology surgery
- Minimally invasive robotic surgery.
- Since January 2013 Work in the Department of Urology and Nephrology at the Hirslanden Salem-Spital Bern.
- 2011 Habilitation in Urology. Subject: "Micro-matrix-based molecular biology studies of solid tumors with a special focus on prostate cancer".
- October 2008 - January 2013 Leading Senior Physician and Permanent Representative of the Head of the Department of Adult and Pediatric Urology at the University Hospital Saarland Homburg.
- Since 2008 Robotic surgery using the da Vinci Surgical System.
- July 2007 - January 2013 Clinical Director of the Research Laboratory of Experimental Urology.
- July 2006 - September 2008 Senior Physician, Department of Adult and Pediatric Urology, University Hospital Saarland Homburg.
- May 2003 - October 2004 Invited Research Fellow, Department of Genetic Research on Cancer, National Human Genome Research Institute, National Institute of Health, Bethesda, USA.
- May 2003 - April 2004 Scholarship of the German Research Foundation (Subject: Cancer Genetic Research), National Human Genome Research Institute, Bethesda, USA.
- 2001 Doctoral thesis defense, University Hospital Saarland Homburg. Subject: "Studies of expression of the 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 receptor, the classic retinoic acid receptors, and retinoid-X receptors in basal cell carcinomas".
- December 2000 - April 2006 Assistant Physician in the Department of Adult and Pediatric Urology at the University Hospital Saarland Homburg.
- June 2000 - November 2000 Internship, Department of Adult and Pediatric Urology at the University Hospital Saarland Homburg.
- June 1999 - May 2000 Internship in the Department of General and Thoracic Surgery, University Hospital Kiel, Germany.
- 1996 Research Internship, Vitamin D, Skin and Bone Research Laboratory, Boston University Medical Center, Boston, USA.
Higher Education and Postgraduate Training
- 2015 Specialization in Urology Surgery.
- November 2008 Additional qualifications in Tumor Drug Therapy.
- September 2008 Additional qualifications in Andrology.
- September 2006 Board certification in Urology.
- October 2005 Theoretical basis of the specialty in Radiation Protection (Emergency Diagnostics, Radiological Diagnostics of the Urinary Tract and/or Reproductive Organs).
- 1992 - 1999 Study of Human Medicine at the Saarland University, Germany.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- German Society of Urology (DGU).
- German Prostate Cancer Consortium (DPKK).
- American Association for Cancer Research (AACR).
- European Association of Urology (EAU).
- German Cancer Society (DKG).
- Working Group on Urological Oncology (AUO).
- Saarland Cancer Society.
- German Society for Robot-Assisted Urology (DGRU).
Photo of the doctor: (c) Hirslanden AG
Department of Urology and Nephrology.
Hirslanden Salem-Spital Bern:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.