Hirslanden Salem-Spital Bern
Department of Angiology (603760)
Specialized in: angiology
About the department
The Department of Angiology at the Hirslanden Salem-Spital Bern offers the full range of diagnostic and therapeutic services for patients with diseases of the arteries, veins and lymphatic vessels. Of particular interest is the treatment of venous diseases, for example, varicose veins, chronic venous insufficiency of the lower limbs, etc. The Chief Physician of the department is Dr. med. Gereon Jachertz.
The department's doctors devote enough time to counseling patients, while the treatment is based on an individual approach to each clinical case. The specialists have extensive clinical experience, which guarantees their patients the top-class medical care and an optimal therapeutic result.
The department has state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment, which allows to detect even the initial pathological changes in the vessels and timely eliminate them. For example, atherosclerosis can significantly reduce the patient's life expectancy, therefore it is extremely important to detect pathology at the initial stages and prevent its progression. The early diagnostics of atherosclerosis is performed using high-resolution ultrasound imaging and duplex sonography, which allow the doctor to visually assess pathological changes in the arteries prior to the onset of symptoms.
The department's range of medical services includes:
- Diagnostics and treatment of arterial diseases
- Stress and rest Doppler ultrasonography
- Impulse oscillometry
- Color duplex sonography
- Duplex scanning of the vessels
- Measurement of intima-media thickness of the common carotid artery
- Transcranial pulsed Doppler ultrasound and Duplex ultrasonography
- Percutaneous measurement of the partial pressure of oxygen in the blood
- Intra-arterial digital subtraction angiography
- CO2 angiography
- Percutaneous transluminal angioplasty
- Thrombolytic therapy
- Stent placement
- Diagnostics and treatment of venous diseases
- Light reflection rheography
- Color duplex sonography, including functional examinations
- Foam sclerotherapy, including duplex sonography-guided one
- Phlebectomy (mini stripping)
- Endoluminal laser therapy
- Treatment of chronic lower limb wounds
- Diagnostics and treatment of diseases of the lymphatic vessels
- Fluorescence microlymphography
- Integrated manual lymphatic drainage according to Földi/Vodder
- Diagnostics and treatment of capillary diseases
- Dynamic video capillary microscopy
- Diagnostics and treatment of other vascular diseases
- Invasive angiology.
- Treatment of venous diseases.
- Treatment of arterial occlusion.
- Treatment of diseases of the lymphatic vessels.
- Endoluminal laser therapy.
- 1998 Work at the Angio Bellaria Center for Vascular Diseases, Zurich.
- 1996 - 1998 Deputy Senior Physician/Assistant Physician, Department of Angiology and Vascular Surgery, Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, University Hospital Bern.
- 1995 - 1996 Assistant Physician, Department of Angiology, Regional Hospital La Carita, Locarno.
- 1995 Assistant Physician, Institute of Pathology (Institut Central Sion).
- 1994 - 1995 Senior Physician, Department of Internal Medicine, Visp Regional Hospital.
- 1992 - 1993 Assistant Physician, Department of Internal Medicine, Cantonal Hospital Olten.
- 1990 - 1992 Assistant Physician, Department of Rehabilitology, Clinica militare.
- 1990 Doctoral Degree, University of Bern.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Hirslanden AG
Department of Angiology.
Hirslanden Salem-Spital Bern:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.