Hirslanden Salem-Spital Bern
Department of Adult and Pediatric Neurology (603772)
Specialized in: adult and pediatric neurology
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Neurology at the Hirslanden Salem-Spital Bern offers all the options of modern diagnostics and conservative treatment of diseases of the nervous system. The department deals with the treatment of patients of various age groups, ranging from young children to adults and elderly patients. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Bernhard Voller.
The clinical practice involves the use of advanced diagnostic systems for the comprehensive assessment of the condition and functions of the brain, spinal cord, peripheral nerves and muscles. In particular, these include recording of evoked potentials, electroencephalography, electroneuromyography, electromyography, neuropsychological examinations, lumbar puncture and cerebrospinal fluid analysis, ultrasound scanning of the head and neck vessels, MRI and other diagnostic examinations. The department also specializes in electroencephalography and electrophysiological examinations in children.
The department's specialists develop effective treatment regimens, which combine drug treatment, electrical stimulation, therapeutic massages, physiotherapy, etc. The therapy is prescribed individually, taking into account the needs and wishes of patients.
The medical service range of the department includes the diagnostics and treatment of the following neurological diseases:
- Alzheimer's disease
- Parkinson's disease
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
- Spinal disc herniation
- Essential tremor
- Hemifacial spasm
- Intracerebral hemorrhage
- Brain tumors
- Idiopathic facial paralysis
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Migraines and tension headaches
- Multiple sclerosis
- Muscular dystrophy
- Myasthenia gravis
- Paraplegia and spinal cord diseases
- Restless legs syndrome
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Trigeminal neuralgia
- Spinal stenosis
- Neurological diseases in children
- Headaches and backaches
- Movement disorders (for example, cerebral palsy)
- Malformations of the brain and spinal cord
- Impaired psycho-emotional development
- Other neurological pathologies
- Movement disorders (Parkinson's disease, essential tremor).
- Botulinum toxin treatment (dystonia, head tremor, spasticity).
- Diseases of the peripheral nerves and muscles.
- 2015 Certificate of Competence in Electroencephalography, Austrian Society of Clinical Neurophysiology (ÖGKN) and Swiss Society of Clinical Neurophysiology (SGKN).
- 2006 Board certification in Neurology, Swiss Medical Association (FMH).
- 2006 Habilitation in Neurological (PD).
- 1998 Certificate of Competency in Electroneuromyography, Austrian Society of Clinical Neurophysiology (ÖGKN) and Swiss Society of Clinical Neurophysiology (SGKN).
- 2006 - 2015 Head of the Department of Neurology, University Hospital Vienna.
- 2009 - 2015 Private Neurological Practice in Vienna.
- 2004 - 2006 Work in the Department of Neurology, University Hospital Vienna.
- 2002 - 2004 and 2011 - 2012 Research on Dystonia, Tremors and Neurological Rehabilitation, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, Bethesda, Maryland, USA.
- 1998 - 2001 Work in the Department of Neurology, Department of Internal Medicine, Department of Psychiatry, University Hospital Vienna.
- 1997 - 1998 Work in the Department of Neurology, Landeskrankenhaus Hochzirl.
- 1995 - 1997 Work in the Department of Neurology, University Hospital Innsbruck.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- Swiss Neurological Society (SNG).
- Austrian Society of Neurology (ÖGN).
- Austrian Parkinson’s Disease Society (ÖGP), Board Member.
- Austrian Society of Clinical Neurophysiology (ÖGKN).
- Austrian Society of Neurorehabilitation (ÖGNR), Board Member.
- Vienna Association for Psychiatry and Neurology (Former Secretary).
- International Parkinson and Movement Disorder Society (MDS).
- American Academy of Neurology (AAN).
- World Federation for NeuroRehabilitation (WFNR).
Photo of the doctor: (c) Hirslanden AG
Department of Adult and Pediatric Neurology.
Hirslanden Salem-Spital Bern:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.