In vitro fertilization (IVF) long protocol (program ID: 614207)
Jinepol Womens Health and IVF Clinic Istanbul
Selim SenozSpecialized in: reproductive medicine
Department of Reproductive Medicine
The Department of Reproductive Medicine received an annual award based on patient service excellence ratings from healthcare search engine WhatClinic. This is the only clinic that meets the exacting standards needed to qualify for the award. Headed by Dr. med. Selim Senoz, the department has over 20 years of successful clinical experience in the field of assisted reproductive technology. It gave chance to become parents to over 13,500 couples.
- Initial presentation in the clinic
- Case history taking
- Review of medical records
- General physical examination
- Laboratory tests:
- Complete blood count
- General urine test
- Biochemical blood test
- Inflammation markers
- Blood coagulation test
- Immune status
- Analysis for infections
- Hormone levels:
- TSH-basal, fT3, fT4
- Ultrasound examination of abdomen and small pelvic organs
- Transvaginal ultrasound examination
- Gynecological examination
- Examination of the men:
- Urethral smear analysis
- Tests for infections
- Hormonal stimulation
- In vitro fertilization (IVF)
- Nursing services
- Consultation of related specialists
- Treatment by head doctor and all leading experts
- Explanation of the individual treatment plan
The procedures and stages of IVF correspond to the standard long protocol, but a part of the program can be done at home.
The protocol is divided into two parts: the distant and in-person ones.
Total duration: up to 30 days.
For the distant part of the protocol, you will need to provide yourself with the necessary drugs, strictly follow all medical recommendations and be able to undergo an ultrasound examination.
You will receive a detailed explanation of all the procedures and will be able to contact your doctor for advice at any time.
The clinic helps with the purchase and delivery of drugs from Istanbul, if necessary.
Distant stage (takes place in the patient’s native country)
Duration: 20-22 days
- On days 20-21 of the menstrual cycle, the pituitary gland is blocked with GnRH agonists. The purpose of the drug administration is to suppress ovarian function and stimulate maturation of more oocytes.
- On the 2-4th day of the menstrual cycle, active stimulation of the ovaries with gonadotropins under constant ultrasound monitoring begins. It takes 10-14 days on average. An ultrasound examination is required to assess follicular growth.
- The doctor will appoint the day of visiting the clinic. The time of oocyte collection (puncture) is determined.
- 36 hours before the puncture, a woman makes a stimulating (trigger) injection of hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin).
In-person stage (carried out in the clinic)
Duration: up to 7 days
You arrive in Istanbul on the 21-23 day of treatment, which corresponds to 10-14 day of the menstrual cycle.
Our service starts at the airport. Our employee meets you at the airport and holds a sign with your name. In the individual folder you will find detailed information about the program.
Egg collection. In the clinic, the follicles are punctured with the collection of mature eggs (on the 12-15 day of the menstrual cycle). The husband of the patient, on his turn, collects the ejaculate. The ejaculate can be collected naturally, or by a puncture of the testicle (in azoospermia, obstruction of the vas deferens in men – the ICSI procedure).
Fertilization. 2-6 hours after egg collection, eggs are fertilized with the husband’s sperm. This is a laboratory procedure and no patient involvement is required.
Embryo culture. Fertilized eggs will be cultured for 1-5 days. According to patients’ needs and embryo status, best 1-3 embryos can be transferred to the womb.
Preimplantation genetic diagnosis. PGD is usually performed on day 3. It takes 1 day to receive the results. One or two cells from the embryo can be taken without harming it, and some genetic tests can be done in one or two days.
Embryo transfer. This procedure is painless and no anesthesia is required, although some patients need sedation. One hour after the procedure, patients can leave the clinic and can return home on the same day.
Pregnancy test. This test can be done 14 days after the embryo transfer.
The type of protocol (the long or short one) is selected by the doctor after the initial consultation and taking the medical history.
Both options – in the clinic for the entire course or partly at home – have the equal efficacy.
We fully support your trip, regardless of the chosen program.
We provide an individual medical coordinator and interpreter, help with choosing and booking a hotel, booking tickets, preparing medical reports.
All aspects of the program can be discussed with a medical advisor.
You may also book
About the department
The Department of Reproductive Medicine at the Jinepol Women's Health & IVF Clinic Istanbul offers the full range of assisted reproductive technologies for the treatment of infertility in women and men. The medical facility is mostly visited by the couples with tubal factor infertility, endometriosis and male infertility. In most cases, an IVF procedure is the optimal solution to the problem of conceiving a pregnancy. The department has more than 20 years of successful experience in the field of reproductive medicine, and also has all the modern resources for comprehensive diagnostics and high-quality treatment in accordance with international medical standards. The Chief Physician of the department is Dr. med. Selim Senoz.
The prescription of certain therapeutic measures is preceded by comprehensive diagnostics to detect the causes of infertility in a particular couple. The results of the diagnostic tests allow the doctors to carry out the most effective treatment and guarantee the couple a long-awaited pregnancy. The diagnostics of infertility is made if a couple has an active sex life for a year without using contraception, but pregnancy does not occur. The indications for this treatment method are fallopian tube obstruction, low sperm count or poor quality of the sperm, lack of sperm in the ejaculate, immunological problems and infertility of unknown origin.
As of today, in vitro fertilization (IVF) is the gold standard for the treatment of infertility and ensures excellent results. The principle of IVF procedure is in the fusion of a sperm with an egg in the laboratory, outside the woman's body. The success of the procedure largely depends on compliance with the protocol – preparation and the IVF procedure itself. The doctors carry out examinations in advance, select medications and adhere to necessary measures for preservation of the viability of the embryo. Thanks to powerful technical resources and progressive laboratories, the department's doctors also offer preimplantation genetic diagnosis, which makes it possible to exclude genetic diseases in the embryo before it is transferred into the uterine cavity. In addition, the department carries out PCR and FISH tests to determine the sex of the child. These tests do not affect the genetics of the embryo, but are used exclusively for determination of the sex of the future child.
The Department of Reproductive Medicine at the Jinepol Women's Health & IVF Clinic Istanbul received an annual award based on patient service excellence ratings from healthcare search engine WhatClinic. WhatClinic looked at 12 months of data from users of its site, in relation to the Jinepol Women's Health & IVF Clinic Istanbul, including patient review scores, feedback data and clinic contact rates. In 2016 over 17 million people visited the comparison site to find and compare clinics. The Jinepol Women's Health & IVF Clinic Istanbul was only one of a small number of clinics on the site that met the exacting standards needed to qualify for the award. Not only must the clinic have a consistently high ServiceScore™ rating to qualify, the rating measures the clinic’s commitment to patient service over a whole year, and so represents long-term commitment dealing with patients. Less than 2% of clinics on the site qualified for the award this year. The clinic is happy that its outstanding service is recognized yet again this year by WhatClinic! It is grateful to the folks at WhatClinic for awarding this award for two years back to back.
The department's range of therapeutic services includes:
- In vitro fertilization (IVF), which consists of the following stages
- Normalization of hormonal levels
- Ovarian stimulation
- Oocyte retrieval
- Oocyte fertilization "in vitro"
- Embryo culture
- Preimplantation genetic diagnosis
- Embryo transfer into the uterine cavity
- Pregnancy test
- Intrauterine insemination
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI)
- Testicular sperm aspiration (TESA)
- Testicular sperm extraction (TESE)
- Microsurgical testicular sperm extraction (microTESE)
- Percutaneous epididymal sperm aspiration (PESA)
- Microsurgical epididymal sperm aspiration (MESA)
- Oocyte cryopreservation
- Sperm cryopreservation
- Embryo cryopreservation
- Testicular tissue cryopreservation
- Ovarian tissue cryopreservation
- Oocyte, embryo and ovarian tissue vitrification
- Other therapeutic options
Higher Education and Postgraduate Training
- 1993 - 1995 Clinical Research Fellow in Reproductive Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- 1984 - 1988 Work in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Maternity Hospital in Ankara, Turkey.
- 1976 - 1982 Study of Medicine at the Faculty of Medicine, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey.
- 1976 - 1973 Graduate School of Natural and Applied Sciences, Ankara, Turkey.
Awards and Scholarships
- 1987 Norwegian Government Scholarship, Haukeland Hospital, Bergen, Norway.
- 1976 University Admission Examination Award.
- 1973 - 1982 Turkish Research Institute Scholarship, paid every year.
- Since January 1999 Foundation and Head of the Jinepol Women's Health & IVF Clinic Istanbul.
- September 1997 - January 1999 Work at the Private Istanbul Surgery Hospital.
- 1995 - 1997 Work in the Department of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Dr. Zekai Tahir Burak Women's Hospital.
- 1993 - 1994 Clinical Research Fellow, Department of Reproductive Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada (research and clinical activities in ovarian hyperstimulation, treatment of osteoporosis and estrogen replacement therapy, the effect of hormone replacement therapy on cardiovascular diseases in women during postmenopause, and the development of a computer program for the use in assisted reproductive technology laboratories to manage data and statistics).
- 1989 - 1993 Position of Gynecologist and Chief Officer of the IVF Unit, Maternity Hospital in Ankara, Turkey.
- 1990 Spent a year in Canada – preparing and passing the Foreign Medical Graduate Examination in the Medical Sciences (FMGEMS), the Medical Council of Canada Evaluating Examination (MCCEE), the International English Language Examination for Foreign Nationals, and the study of vaginal delivery after С-section at the General Hospital in Ottawa.
- 1989 Position of Gynecologist, Ilgaz State Hospital.
- 1984 - 1988 Residency in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the Maternity Hospital in Ankara, Turkey.
- 1982 - 1984 Postdoctoral Internship as General Practitioner, Tunceli, Turkey.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Jinepol Women's Health & IVF Clinic
Accommodation in hospital
- Program [Description]
In vitro fertilization (IVF) long protocol
- Hospital: Jinepol Womens Health and IVF Clinic Istanbul
- access_time Duration:
There are 30 female infertility treatment hospitals on Booking Health websiteShow all clinics