Medical Park Gebze Hospital
Department of Oncology (599772)
Specialized in: oncology
About the department
The Department of Oncology at the Medical Park Gebze Hospital offers all the options of modern medicine for the diagnostics and treatment of cancer lesions of various organs and anatomical structures of the human body. The patients with incurable stages of cancer receive effective palliative care for the alleviation of symptoms and improvement of quality of life. In most cases, the treatment is based on surgical resection of the tumor, radiation therapy and chemotherapy, and may also include a combination of these methods. The department is headed by Dr. med. Aydin Çiltaş.
The first stage of the treatment is the comprehensive diagnostics, which allows the doctors to determine the type of tumor, its exact location and size. With the results of examinations in hand, an interdisciplinary council of doctors develops an individual treatment plan for each patient.
In most cases, the department's specialists perform the surgical resection of the neoplasm. If the tumor has reached a large size or is in a hard-to-reach place, the radiation therapy is performed prior to the operation, which allows the doctors to reduce the size of the tumor. Due to the excellent equipment of the department, the operations are mostly performed using minimally invasive techniques, which significantly facilitate and shorten the period of postoperative recovery. In addition, the preference is given to organ-preserving operations. For example, in the case of breast cancer in women, the surgeons try to remove the neoplasm and affected tissue as much as possible, but at the same time preserve the breast.
Another important cancer treatment technique remains chemotherapy. The department's specialists use only the most modern and most effective chemotherapy drugs, which guarantee optimal results. At the same time, due attention is paid to the elimination of side effects of chemotherapy. As a rule, chemotherapy sessions are carried out on an outpatient basis and last from a few minutes to several hours. The procedure is carried out using intravenous infusion. If the treatment requires longer sessions, it is carried out on an inpatient basis. As of today, clinical practice has introduced pills, which the patient can take on his own. However, this form of treatment also requires constant medical monitoring.
The department's range of medical services includes:
- Diagnostics and treatment of gastrointestinal cancer (stomach, intestinal, esophageal cancer, etc.)
- Diagnostics and treatment of cancer of the female reproductive organs (uterine, cervical, vulvar, ovarian cancer, etc.)
- Diagnostics and treatment of breast cancer
- Diagnostics and treatment of prostate cancer in men
- Diagnostics and treatment of head and neck tumors
- Diagnostics and treatment of kidney cancer
- Diagnostics and treatment of bladder cancer
- Diagnostics and treatment of thyroid cancer
- Diagnostics and treatment of lung cancer
- Diagnostics and treatment of brain and spinal cord tumors
- Diagnostics and treatment of bone and soft tissues sarcomas
- Diagnostics and treatment of leukemias
- Diagnostics and treatment of other types of cancer
Photo of the doctor: (c) Medical Park Hospitals Group
Department of Oncology.
Medical Park Gebze Hospital:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.