Medical Park Gebze Hospital
Department of Adult and Pediatric Neurology (599774)
Specialized in: adult and pediatric neurology
About the Department of Adult and Pediatric Neurology at Medical Park Gebze Hospital
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Neurology at the Medical Park Gebze Hospital offers the highly accurate diagnostics and comprehensive treatment of the entire range of diseases of the central and peripheral nervous system. Medical care is provided both on an inpatient and outpatient basis. Of particular interest is the treatment of intracerebral hemorrhages, headaches, dizziness, cerebrovascular diseases, motor disorders, neuromuscular diseases, epilepsy, Alzheimer's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke and sleep disorders. If necessary, the specialists from the Departments of Radiology and Neurosurgery can be involved in the diagnostic process. The department is headed by Dr. med. Elif Demirbaş.
To make an accurate diagnosis, the department's neurologists carry out computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging, echocardiography and extracranial Doppler ultrasonography, electroneuronography, etc. Thanks to these examinations, the specialists receive comprehensive information about the patient's health status and can develop an optimal treatment regimen.
The department includes the advanced Stroke Unit with a specially trained team of doctors and nurses. As a rule, the Stroke Unit provides care for patients with such life-threatening conditions as coma, progressive stroke and recurrent convulsive syndrome.
The diagnostic options of the department include:
- Polysomnography (on an inpatient and outpatient basis)
- Electroencephalography during sleep and wakefulness (also in children)
- Electromyography in children
- Recording of evoked potentials (somatosensory evoked potentials, visual evoked potentials)
- Brain-stem audiometry
- Computed tomography
- Magnetic resonance imaging
- Other diagnostic tests
The department specializes in the diagnostics and treatment of the following neurological pathologies:
- Cerebrovascular disease
- Intracranial hemorrhages
- Cerebrovascular occlusion
- Motor disorders
- Parkinson's disease
- Essential tremor
- Restless legs syndrome
- Demyelinating diseases
- Multiple sclerosis
- Transverse myelitis
- Peripheral nerve disorders
- Guillain–Barré syndrome
- Diseases of the muscles and neuromuscular synapses
- Myasthenia gravis
- Headaches, cervicalgia and lumbalgia
- Tension headache
- Cervicogenic headache
- Dementia syndromes
- Systemic and metabolic neurological diseases
- Hypertensive encephalopathy
- Nontraumatic spinal cord diseases
- Spondylotic myelopathy
- Spinal cord tumors
- Subacute combined degeneration
- Speech disorders
- Sleep disorders
- Obstructive sleep apnoea
- Excessive sleepiness
- Numbness in the arms and legs
- Spinal disc herniation
- Facial nerve paralysis
- Double and blurred vision
- Balance disorders
- Infantile cerebral palsy
- Other nervous diseases
Curriculum vitae of Dr. med. Elif Demirbaş
Education and Clinical Experience
- 1992 Faculty of Medicine, Gazi University.
- Work at the Gebze Fatih State Hospital.
- Work at the Özel Sante Poliklinik.
- Work at the Özel Pendik Bölge Hastanesi.
- Work at the Özel Gebze Merkez Hastanesi.
- Work at the Özel Küçükyalı Delta Hastanesi.
- Parkinson's disease.
- Alzheimer's disease.
- Multiple sclerosis.
Membership in Professional Societies
- Turkish Neurological Society.
- Turkish Epilepsy Society.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Medical Park Hospitals Group
Department of Adult and Pediatric Neurology.
Medical Park Gebze Hospital:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.