Medical Park Gebze Hospital
Department of Adult and Pediatric Neurosurgery (599776)
Süleyman Rüştü Çaylı
Specialized in: adult and pediatric neurosurgery
About the Department of Adult and Pediatric Neurosurgery at Medical Park Gebze Hospital
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Neurosurgery at the Medical Park Gebze Hospital offers modern surgical interventions for the treatment of diseases of the nervous system in patients of all age categories. The focus of the doctors is on the patients with brain tumors, cerebral hemorrhages, strokes, vascular pathologies and malformations. The department's surgeons use the very latest surgical techniques in order to ensure the best possible accuracy and the preservation of vital anatomical structures during the surgery. The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Süleyman Rüştü Çaylı.
The department strives to provide comprehensive medical care, and therefore the experts in the field of neurology, neuroradiology, neuroanesthesiology and psychiatry are often involved in the therapeutic process.
Cerebrovascular diseases can be treated by neurosurgeons, as well as in collaboration with specialists in interventional neuroradiology. The decision on treatment tactics is made taking into account the severity of the pathology and the general state of the patient's health.
A key focus of the department's doctors is the surgical treatment of spinal diseases. The department successfully performs interventions to treat cervical and lumbar disc herniation, spinal canal stenosis, spinal and spinal cord tumors, spinal deformities, etc.
It is worth noting that the department offers an innovative treatment method – radiosurgery using Gamma Knife. This technique is the only non-invasive option for "surgical" treatment. In other words, the operation is performed without trephination, so that the patient can return to everyday life just a day after the intervention.
The department's range of medical services includes:
- Surgery to remove brain and spinal cord tumors
- Surgical treatment of head and spinal cord injuries
- Surgical treatment of cerebrovascular disease
- Pituitary surgery
- Surgical correction of spinal deformities
- Surgical treatment of spinal disc herniation
- Surgical treatment of epilepsy
- Radiosurgery using Gamma Knife
- Other surgical options
Curriculum vitae of Prof. Dr. med. Süleyman Rüştü Çaylı
- Faculty of Medicine, Hacettepe University.
- Ankara Numune Training and Research Hospital.
- İnönü University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Neurosurgery, Assistant Professor.
- İnönü University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Neurosurgery, Professor.
- 1996 - 1998 Ankara Oncology Training and Research Hospital, Department of Neurosurgery.
- 1998 - 2014 İnönü University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Neurosurgery.
- 2002 Cleveland Clinic, Department of Neurosurgery, Ohio, USA (Scholarship).
- 2003 University of the Aegean, Department of Spinal Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Neurosurgery.
- Brain tumors.
- Interventions to treat disorders of the peripheral nervous system.
- Spinal surgery.
- Pituitary surgery.
Membership in Professional Societies
- Turkish Neurosurgical Society.
- Turkish Spine Society.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Medical Park Hospitals Group
Department of Adult and Pediatric Neurosurgery.
Medical Park Gebze Hospital:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.