Medical Park Gebze Hospital
Department of Adult and Pediatric Orthopedics, Trauma Surgery (599782)
Specialized in: adult and pediatric orthopedics, trauma surgery
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Orthopedics, Trauma Surgery at the Medical Park Gebze Hospital provides the highly accurate diagnostics and effective treatment of the full range of musculoskeletal diseases. The department's doctors also have extensive experience in the treatment of injuries, including highly severe ones. To achieve optimal results, the department cooperates closely with specialists in the field of physiotherapy and rehabilitation. Each clinical case is considered on an individual basis, due to which it is possible to achieve the best possible restoration of the patient's health and mobility. The Chief Physician is Assoc. Prof. Dr. med. Yunus Atıcı.
The department uses the most advanced equipment, innovative methods of diagnostics, treatment and rehabilitation, as well as the very latest high-tech materials. All this contributes to the high treatment success rates and the credibility of the medical facility in the national medical arena.
The department widely uses minimally invasive arthroscopic surgery to treat joint diseases. The interventions through small incisions in the skin and soft tissues shorten the process of postoperative recovery and increase the chances of success of the operation. In addition, the remaining scars are less visible after arthroscopy.
In the case of serious knee and hip lesions (infectious lesions, degenerative changes caused by fractures, rheumatoid arthritis, etc.), which cannot be treated with the help of drugs, the doctors often perform joint replacement surgery (joint replacement with an artificial one). The department uses only high-quality endoprostheses made by world leading manufacturers. When selecting an endoprosthesis, the department's specialists always take into account the individual characteristics of the patient (weight, age, degree of physical activity, concomitant diseases, etc.).
The key focuses of the department's work include:
- Hand surgery
- Hand injuries
- Trigger fingers
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Arthroscopic surgery for joint diseases
- Joint replacement surgery
- Ankle surgery
- Shoulder surgery
- Shoulder dislocation
- Biceps tendon injury
- Impingement syndrome
- Frozen shoulder
- Hip surgery
- Pediatric orthopedics
- Hip dysplasia
- Perthes disease
- Spasmodic torticollis
- Brachial plexus injuries
- Orthopedic cancer surgery
- Benign and malignant musculoskeletal neoplasms (bones, muscles, tendons, nerve endings, joints)
- Spinal surgery
- Treatment of injuries of varying severity, including sports injuries
- Other medical services
Education and Specialization
- Çukurova University, Faculty of Medicine.
- 2005 - 2010 Specialization, Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology, Istanbul Training and Research Hospital.
- 2005 - 2010 Doctor of Medicine, Istanbul Training and Research Center.
- 2010 Doctor at the Hospital for Special Surgery, Department of Spinal Diseases.
- 2011 Medical Specialist, Igdir State Hospital.
- 2012 Florence Nightingale Scholarship, Istanbul Hospital, Department of Spinal Diseases.
- 2011 - 2016 Medical Specialist (Master's Degree), Training and Research Hospital for Bone Diseases (Team for Spinal Surgery and Arthroplasty, Team for Pediatric Orthopedics).
- 2016 - 2017 Medical Specialist, Samsun Carsamba State Hospital.
- 2017 Assistant Professor, İstanbul Okan University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology.
- 2017 - 2018 Assistant Professor, Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology, İstanbul Okan University.
- Spinal disc herniation.
- Pain in the cervical spine.
- Minimally invasive interventions.
- Spinal surgery.
- Hip replacement surgery.
Department of Adult and Pediatric Orthopedics, Trauma Surgery.
Medical Park Gebze Hospital:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.