Medicana International Istanbul Hospital
Department of Adult and Pediatric Orthopedics, Traumatology (535152)
Ali Erdem Bagatur
Specialized in: adult and pediatric orthopedics, traumatology
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Orthopedics, Traumatology at the Medicana International Istanbul Hospital offers the full range of services in the diagnostics and treatment of diseases of the musculoskeletal system, including degenerative pathologies, developmental anomalies of the joints and spine, sports injuries of any severity, etc. Of particular interest are knee and hip arthroplasty, reconstructive ligament surgery and spinal surgery. The key to successful clinical activities of the department are the very latest conservative and surgical treatment methods, advanced medical equipment and unique rehabilitation programs, adapted to the individual needs of the patient. The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Ali Erdem Bagatur.
An important focus of the department is the treatment of joints diseases. After a comprehensive diagnostics, the doctors select the optimal conservative therapy methods, including the physical therapy. If necessary, surgical treatment may be provided as well. The department is fitted out with the advanced equipment for minimally invasive, robotic surgical interventions, characterized by low tramatism and rapid patient recovery. These are the gold standard of modern surgery. The doctors of the department specialize in knee and hip replacement surgery. When providing treatment, only the high-quality endoprostheses of the leading world manufacturers are used. Also, if desired, an individual prosthesis may be made. Once partial or total joint replacement is performed, the patient will be prescribed all the necessary rehabilitation measures aimed at an early recovery.
Another priority focus of the department is spinal surgery. The department offers a wide range of surgical interventions for the treatment of degenerative diseases and cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine neoplasms. The therapeutic options also include many conservative methods, injection therapy for the elimination of back pain, etc. The department's surgeons have exceptional skills in the treatment of scoliosis in adults and children.
The service range of the department includes:
- Knee and hip replacement surgery
- Total and partial knee replacement
- Total and partial hip replacement surgery
- Surgical and conservative treatment of injuries and fractures of the upper and lower limbs
- Installation of external fixation devices and intraosseous fixation systems
- Surgical interventions
- Reconstructive interventions in tendon and ligament rupture
- Revision and reposition surgery on the bones and joints
- Treatment of infectious diseases of the musculoskeletal system
- Correction of congenital defects of the musculoskeletal system in children
- Spine and joint lesions
- Congenital skeletal bone defects
- Hand and foot deformities
- Spinal surgery (in close cooperation with the Departments of Neurosurgery, Neurology, Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation)
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Microsurgical treatment methods of the cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine hernias
- Surgical treatment of spinal stenosis
- Surgery to treat spondylolisthesis
- Endoscopic techniques for the treatment of pain syndromes
- Surgery to remove tumors of the spine and spinal cord
- Surgery in spinal cord injuries
- Endoscopic pituitary surgery
- Correction of congenital and acquired spinal deformities
- Spinal stabilization surgery
- Rehabilitation (physiotherapy, therapeutic exercises, etc.)
- Other medical services
- 1991 - 1997 Cerrahpaşa School of Medicine, Istanbul University.
- 1997 - 2001 Postgraduate Education, Residency, Orthopedics, School of Medicine, Istanbul University.
Areas of Specialization
- Trauma treatment.
- Hand and upper extremity surgery.
- Foot and ankle surgery.
- Turkish Medical Association.
- Turkish Society of Orthopedics and Traumatology.
- Turkish Society of Arthroplasty.
- Turkish Society for Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery.
- Turkish Society for Foot and Ankle Surgery.
- European Society of Pediatric Orthopedics.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Medicana Health Group
Department of Adult and Pediatric Orthopedics, Traumatology.
Medicana International Istanbul Hospital:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.