Medicana International Istanbul Hospital
Department of Nuclear Medicine (535155)
Specialized in: nuclear medicine
About the department
The Department of Nuclear Medicine at the Medicana International Istanbul Hospital offers the full range of radionuclide diagnostics and treatment methods. The main fields of their usage are oncology, cardiology and neurology. The head of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Meryem Kaya.
The department's specialists have at their disposal the cutting-edge PET-CT Discovery IQ devices, gamma cameras and scintigraphy systems, which provide the most detailed imaging of pathological changes, assessment of their localization, structure and spread. The positron emission tomography method in combination with computed tomography (PET-CT) provides the most informative imaging and has a high anatomical resolution. This method helps to distinguish a benign disease from a malignant one at a very early stage, as well as to draw more accurate conclusions about the size of the neoplasm, which helps to choose the optimal treatment strategy. The PET-CT is also widely used to diagnose Alzheimer's disease. While other imaging methods do not detect changes in the brain at an early stage of pathology, this method makes it possible to identify even minor metabolic disorders in the brain. Another effective imaging method is scintigraphy. This examination is based on the confirmation or exclusion of a disease with the help of imaging of the accumulation of a radioactive substance by organs or tissues.
The service range of the department includes:
- Diagnostics using the state-of-art PET-CT Discovery IQ system for the following pathologies:
- Oncological diseases
- Brain diseases
- Head and neck neoplasms
- Esophageal diseases
- Lung diseases
- Colon and rectal diseases
- Pancreatic diseases
- Thyroid diseases
- Cervical diseases
- Epileptic seizures
- Conditions after coronary heart disease, coronary artery bypass grafting and myocardial infarction
- Alzheimer's disease and various forms of dementia
- Diagnostics of oncological diseases of the thyroid, spleen, liver, lungs and brain using gamma cameras
- Myocardial scintigraphy
- Skeletal scintigraphy (osteoscintigraphy)
- Renal scintigraphy
- Thyroid and parathyroid scintigraphy
- Brain scintigraphy
- Lung scintigraphy
- Liver and gallbladder scintigraphy
- Scintigraphy of the lacrimal glands and ducts (dacryoscintigraphy)
- Lymph node scintigraphy
- Other diagnostic options
Education and Professional Experience
- 1983 - 1989 School of Medicine, Trakya University.
- 1989 - 1992 Physician, Antalya Kumluca Central Health Center.
- 1992 - 1993 Member of the Tekirdağ Çorlu Tuberculosis Association.
- 1993 - 1997 Postgraduate Education, Residency, Nuclear Medicine, School of Medicine, Trakya University.
- 1997 - 1999 Medical Specialist in Nuclear Medicine, School of Medicine, Trakya University.
- 1999 - 2008 Assistant Professor, Nuclear Medicine, School of Medicine, Trakya University.
- Since 2008, Professor, Department of Nuclear Medicine, Medical International Istanbul Hospital.
Areas of Specialization
- Nuclear medicine in the treatment of oncological diseases.
- Nuclear medicine in the treatment of heart diseases.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Medicana Health Group
Department of Nuclear Medicine.
Medicana International Istanbul Hospital:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.