Medicana International Istanbul Hospital
Department of Ophthalmology (535161)
Murat Levent Alimgil
Specialized in: ophthalmology
About the department
The Department of Ophthalmology at the Medicana International Istanbul Hospital offers the full range of services in this medical field and specializes in the treatment of all eye diseases. The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Murat Levent Alimgil.
The department performs modern highly efficient procedures and surgical manipulations that allow the patient to restore vision even in difficult clinical situations. These include LASIK vision correction or laser cataract removal followed by the implantation of an artificial lens, cornea laser coagulation and other treatment methods. All the ophthalmologists of the department have high competence, deep professional knowledge and vast experience. They also regularly undergo advanced training to keep abreast of all innovations in ophthalmology.
The service range of the department includes:
- Cataract surgery (cataract phacoemulsification)
- Corneal transplantation (keratoplasty)
- Complete corneal transplantation (penetrating keratoplasty)
- Partial corneal transplantation (lamellar keratoplasty)
- Vitrectomy to treat retinal and vitreous diseases
- Retinal laser surgery (retinal laser coagulation)
- Laser correction of retinal dystrophy
- Treatment of glaucoma with a selective laser (trabeculoplasty)
- Implantation of multifocal lenses (lens replacement)
- Intraocular injections
- Laser treatments for vision correction
- Oculoplasty (eye plastic surgery)
- Surgery to remove benign and malignant neoplasms in the eye
- Surgery of the eyelids, tear ducts and orbit
- Other therapeutic options
Education and Professional Experience
- 1980 - 1986 Cerrahpaşa School of Medicine, Istanbul University.
- 1987 - 1991 Postgraduate Education, Residency, Ophthalmology, School of Medicine, Trakya University.
- 1987 General Practitioner, Ankara Haymana Evliyafaki.
- 1991 - 1993 Medical Specialist in Ophthalmology, Department of Ophthalmology, School of Medicine, Trakya University.
- 1993 - 2002 Associate Professor in Ophthalmology, Department of Ophthalmology, School of Medicine, Trakya University.
- 2002 - 2007 Professor in Ophthalmology, Department of Ophthalmology, School of Medicine, Trakya University.
- 2007 - 2009 Professor in Ophthalmology, Department of Ophthalmology, School of Medicine, Yeditepe University.
- Since 2009, Professor and Head of the Department of Ophthalmology, Medicana International Istanbul Hospital.
- Turkish Association of Ophthalmology.
- American Academy of Ophthalmology.
- European Glaucoma Society.
Department of Ophthalmology.
Medicana International Istanbul Hospital:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.