Medicana International Istanbul Hospital
Department of Gastroenterology (535170)
Fatma Laika Karabulut
Specialized in: gastroenterology
About the department
The Department of Gastroenterology at the Medicana International Istanbul Hospital offers the accurate diagnostics and effective treatment of all diseases of the gastrointestinal tract and liver. The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Fatma Laika Karabulut.
The doctors have at their command the state-of-art endoscopic equipment, ultrasound systems, and an excellent technical base for minimally invasive and reconstructive interventions. The department annually diagnoses and treats thousands of patients from Turkey and other countries, therefore, it is proud of its excellent reputation and does its best to provide each patient with an individual approach, high-quality medical care and an optimal treatment outcome.
The doctors are the high-level professionals and have deep expert knowledge, thanks to which they cope even with very rare and extremely complex pathologies. The therapy is prescribed solely on the results of a recent comprehensive examination. The doctors develop an individual treatment regimen, which takes into account all the specifics of the disease and the patient's health, as well as his/her age. The department's doctors are always trying to achieve the result with the help of conservative therapy methods, but if they are ineffective, they prescribe an optimal surgical treatment.
The department offers the following diagnostic examinations:
- Ultrasound examinations
- Endoscopic ultrasonography
- Virtual colonoscopy
- Capsule endoscopy
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) for the examination of the bile ducts and pancreas
- Computed tomography and magnetic resonance imaging of the abdominal organs
- Liver fibroscaning
- Laboratory examinations (extended range of the immunological, biochemical, hormonal examinations of blood, urine, stool, and other physiological media)
- Other diagnostic methods
The department specializes in the treatment of the following pathologies of the gastrointestinal tract and liver:
- Reflux esophagitis
- Gastrointestinal polyps
- Intestinal obstruction
- Barrett's esophagus
- Gastric and duodenal ulcers
- Ulcerative colitis
- Crohn's disease
- Nonspecific ulcerative colitis
- Stomach pain
- Oncological diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, liver
- Liver diseases (hepatitis, liver cirrhosis)
- Other diseases and pathological conditions
Education and Professional Experience
- 1978 School of Medicine, Istanbul University.
- 1984 Postgraduate Education, Residency, Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, Istanbul University.
- 1992 Fellowship Program, Gastroenterology and Hepatology, School of Medicine, Istanbul University.
- 1992 - 2012 Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, School of Medicine, Istanbul University.
- Since 2012, Chief Physician of the Department of Gastroenterology, Medicana International Istanbul Hospital.
- Turkish Society of Internal Medicine.
- Turkish Medical Association.
- Turkish Society of Gastroenterology and Hepatology.
Department of Gastroenterology.
Medicana International Istanbul Hospital:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.