Memorial Atasehir Hospital Istanbul
Department of Adult and Pediatric Dentistry (609442)
Ezel Yildiz Elmas
Specialized in: adult and pediatric dentistry
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Dentistry at the Memorial Atasehir Hospital Istanbul offers the full range of high quality dental restoration services. The dentists admit patients of various age groups for treatment, ranging from young children to the elderly. An experienced team of dentists has all the necessary resources to give patients a beautiful smile. The department is headed by Dr. med. Dr. med. dent. Ezel Yildiz Elmas.
Most often, the department is visited by patients wishing to place dental implants or porcelain veneers, as well as undergo a teeth whitening procedure. The invasive procedures are performed under general anesthesia, so the patient does not experience any pain. In addition, the department offers services for the treatment and restoration of teeth in a specially equipped mobile dental room – such services are mostly used by elderly people and patients with disabilities who cannot come to the hospital.
Pediatric dentistry is responsible for the treatment of pathological lesions of the teeth (the most common of them are dental caries and pulpitis) and all the necessary preventive measures. The department's pediatric dentists easily find common language with young patients and do everything possible to detract and entertain them, because it is quite difficult for a child to sit in one place for a long time and breathe with his mouth open. Anesthesia also plays an important role during the treatment of dental problems in children.
The department's range of dental services includes:
- Dental implant placement is the most effective method of restoring the integrity of the dentition in the absence of teeth. It is a painless surgical intervention, in which an implant (titanium rod with a thread) is inserted into the alveolar bone (jaw bone). The installation of a dental implant is preceded by preparation. The doctor carries out computed tomography and takes a panoramic image of the jaw, thanks to which he can assess both soft tissue and bone structures. The panoramic images also make it possible to reveal hidden pathologies (granulomas, cysts, etc.). If necessary, the patient will undergo a sanitation procedure. Before the implantation, bone tissue can also be augmented, if there is a lack of bone tissue. This is followed by the most important stage – implant placement. To place the implant, the gum is cut or pierced. With special tools, the doctor forms a bed in the bone, in which the implant is fixed. A plug is placed on top of it. Then the abutment (metal item used to connect the prosthesis and implant) is installed. The final treatment stage is prosthetics.
- Veneer placement is a cosmetic dental procedure, in which thin plates (veneers) are glued to the external surface of the tooth. This method is ideal for the creation of a beautiful smile in patients with chipped and cracked enamel, large distance between teeth, curved teeth, stains and darkened enamel surface. The preliminary stage is preparation of the oral cavity for placement. The doctor will carry out an examination, if necessary, he can prescribe an X-ray, and if pathologies are detected, he will carry out the appropriate treatment for teeth and gums. Prior to color selection, it is important to perform a hygienical teeth cleansing. Directly before fixing the veneer, teeth are ground, after which the doctor makes dental cast and attaches the temporary plastic pads. The main onlays are placed only when they are ready.
- Dental filling placement is a method that can be used when a tooth is damaged by caries. The fillings can also be used for the correction of mechanical teeth damages, cracks and chips. The resulting cavity is thoroughly cleaned and hermetically filled with a special material. Only high-quality and durable materials are used for filling.
- Dental crown placement is a method of restoration of teeth, which are significantly affected by caries. The crown allows the patient to save a tooth, even if only one root remains. The crown on a tooth protects it from further decay or root fracture above the gum line. The procedure for the crown placement is carried out in several stages: preliminary preparation, preparation of teeth for the crown placement (depulpation, grinding), crown placement, which is made from an individual pattern.
- Teeth whitening is an aesthetic dental procedure, which allows the patient to get a beautiful snow-white smile.
- Dental procedures for children – preventive examinations, treatment of caries, pulpitis, extraction of milk teeth in children.
- Other dental services
- Since 2008 Dentist in the Department of Adult and Pediatric Dentistry at the Memorial Atasehir Hospital Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey.
- 2006 - 2008 Dentist at the Private Dental Clinic, Istanbul, Turkey.
- 2000 - 2006 Research Fellow in Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey.
Higher Education and Postgraduate Training
- 2005 - 2007 PhD in Dentistry and Periodontology, Faculty of Dentistry, Free University of Berlin, Berlin, Germany.
- 2000 - 2006 Doctoral Program in Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey.
- 1995 - 2000 Study of Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- 2003 - 2005 Founding Member and Board Member of the Dental School Graduates and Employees Association.
- 2001 Member of the Society for Restorative Dentistry.
- 2000 Member of the International Association for Dental Research (IADR).
Photo of the doctor: (c) Memorial Ataşehir Hospital
Department of Adult and Pediatric Dentistry.
Memorial Atasehir Hospital Istanbul:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.