Memorial Atasehir Hospital Istanbul
Department of Adult and Pediatric Ophthalmology (609448)
Asli Umut Dinc
Specialized in: adult and pediatric ophthalmology
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Ophthalmology at the Memorial Atasehir Hospital Istanbul offers the full range of diagnostic and therapeutic services for patients with diseases of the eye and its appendages. The department's specialists have tremendous clinical experience in the field of medical care for patients of various age groups – from young children to the elderly with severe visual impairments. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Asli Umut Dinc.
The medical team of the department regularly demonstrates excellent treatment success rates. An important role is also played by the progressive medical equipment, which allows the doctors to provide the accurate diagnostics and the most effective treatment, including surgery.
Depending on the patient's complaints, the doctors perform such diagnostic tests as autorefractokeratometry, tonometry, including applanation tonometry for intraocular pressure measurement, biomicroscopy, direct and indirect ophthalmoscopy, etc. The diagnostic results are stored in a special database on a computer device, so that the doctors can easily access them, if necessary.
According to the examination results, the ophthalmologist prescribes the optimal treatment regimen. If possible, the doctors try to solve the vision problem conservatively – with the help of drugs and laser techniques, but if this approach does not give positive dynamics, they resort to surgery. The advanced medical and technical base of the department allows them to perform almost all common interventions, which are available in modern ophthalmology, including cataract surgery (the most common procedure is sutureless phacoemulsification under eye drop anesthesia), glaucoma surgery, vitreoretinal surgery of the retina and vitreous body, refractive eye surgery, corneal transplantation and other procedures.
The primary tasks of the team of pediatric ophthalmologiests include vision screening in children from the first months of birth in order to exclude congenital cataracts, glaucoma, tear duct obstruction and other disorders. At the age of 1 year, a special examination is also carried out in order to exclude strabismus. In the case of detection of visual impairment, the doctor selects the most effective treatment option that will help maintain or improve the vision of a child. An important focus of the specialists in paediatric ophthalmology is also the treatment of retinopathy of prematurity, which often develops in premature infants weighing less than 1500 g. The doctors have exceptional experience in this field.
The main clinical focuses of the department include:
- Diagnostics and treatment of cataracts
- Diagnostics and treatment of glaucoma
- Diagnostics and treatment of retinal detachment
- Diagnostics and treatment of conjunctivitis
- Diagnostics and treatment of keratoconus
- Diagnostics and treatment of dry eye syndrome
- Diagnostics and treatment of diabetic retinopathy
- Diagnostics and treatment of eyelid diseases (blepharitis, chalazion, xanthelasma, ectropion, entropion, etc.)
- Diagnostics and treatment of refractive errors (myopia, hyperopia, astigmatism, presbyopia)
- Diagnostics and treatment of eye tumors
- Diagnostics and treatment of eye injuries
- Diagnostics and treatment of ophthalmic diseases in children (congenital cataract, congenital glaucoma, tear duct obstruction, retinopathy of prematurity)
- Diagnostics and treatment of other ophthalmic diseases
- Since 2015 Work in the Department of Adult and Pediatric Ophthalmology at the Memorial Atasehir Hospital Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey.
- 2015 Work in the Department of Ophthalmology, Özel Ersoy Sultanbeyli Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey.
- 2012 - 2014 Work in the Department of Ophthalmology, Özel Veni Vidi Göz Sağlığı Merkezi Caddebostan Eye Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey.
- 2006 - 2012 Work in the Department of Ophthalmology, Hospital at the Yeditepe University, Istanbul, Turkey.
- 2006 Work in the Department of Ophthalmology, Özel Anadolu Çınar Hastanesi Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey.
- 2005 Work in the Department of Ophthalmology, Dünyagöz Eye Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey.
Higher Education and Postgraduate Training
- 2011 Assistant Professorship, Istanbul, Turkey.
- 2001 - 2005 Professional training in Ophthalmology, Faculty of Medicine, Gazi University, Ankara, Turkey.
- 1994 - 2000 Study of Human Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey.
Prizes and Certificates
- 2010 First Prize for the Best Poster Presentation, National Congress of Ophthalmologists.
- 2010 Certificate of the International Council of Ophthalmology (ICO).
- 2008 Promotional Prize for Research Activities, Retina-Vitreus Magazine Gazi Eye Foundation.
- 2007 Certificate of the European Board of Ophthalmology.
- 2006 Certificate of the International Council of Ophthalmology (ICO).
Memberships in Professional Societies
- Turkish Medical Association (TTB).
- Turkish Ophthalmology Society (TOD).
- European Neuro-Ophthalmology Society (EUNOS).
- European Society of Retina Specialists (EURETINA).
Photo of the doctor: (c) Memorial Ataşehir Hospital
Department of Adult and Pediatric Ophthalmology.
Memorial Atasehir Hospital Istanbul:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.