Memorial Atasehir Hospital Istanbul
Department of Reproductive Medicine (609451)
Specialized in: reproductive medicine
About the department
The Department of Reproductive Medicine at the Memorial Atasehir Hospital Istanbul provides the high-quality performance of all modern procedures for the treatment of infertility in men and women. The fertility doctors manage to achieve pregnancy in more than 65% of cases, which is much higher than the average number in the world. Thus, the department has won a solid reputation not only in Turkey, but also in the developed European countries. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Cem Demirel.
The department's specialists have excellent skills in the field of their competence and successfully cope with such complex clinical cases as recurrent pregnancy loss, the consequences of unsuccessful IVF procedures, pregnancy planning in women over the age of 35. The department's service range also includes preimplantation genetic diagnosis for the exclusion of genetic pathologies in a child. For example, PGD helps to effectively detect such pathologies as thalassemia, neuromuscular disorders, hemophilia, etc. In addition, the department became a nationwide pioneer in HLA typing for acute myeloid leukemia, acute lymphocytic leukemia, Glanzmann's thrombasthenia, Lafora disease, Bartter syndrome, etc.
The first and the most important stage of the therapeutic process is a comprehensive examination of the couple for the detection of the causes of the impossibility of conceiving a child. According to the diagnostic results obtained, the doctor develops an individual treatment regimen, which is aimed at conceiving the desired pregnancy.
The most popular and effective assisted reproductive method is in vitro fertilization (IVF). More than 3,000 such procedures are performed in the medical facility annually. The essence of the IVF procedure is the fusion of germ cells outside the body: eggs and sperm are extracted from the body, fertilization takes place in laboratory conditions. Then the fertilized eggs are placed in an incubator for 5-6 days and planted in the uterus during the division.
The department's range of medical services includes:
- In vitro fertilization (IVF)
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI)
- Microepididymal sperm aspiration (MESA)
- Percutaneous epididymal sperm aspiration (PESA)
- Cryopreservation of embryos
- Cryopreservation of ovarian tissue
- Cryopreservation of testicular and sperm tissues
- Blastomere biopsy and preimplantation genetic diagnostics
- Co-cultivation of embryo with endometrium
- Other diagnostic and therapeutic options
- Since 2010 Head of the Department of Reproductive Medicine at the Memorial Atasehir Hospital Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey.
- 2009 - 2010 Lecturer at the Faculty of Medicine at the Acibadem University in Reproductive Medicine, Istanbul, Turkey.
- 2007 - 2010 Head of the Department of Reproductive Medicine at the Acıbadem Kadıköy Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey.
- 2003 - 2010 Head of the IVF Center at the Acıbadem Sağlık Grubu Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey.
Higher Education and Postgraduate Training
- 2017 Professorship, Istanbul, Turkey.
- 2002 Assistant Professorship, Istanbul, Turkey.
- 1991 - 1996 Professional training in Gynecology and Obstetrics, Faculty of Medicine, Ankara University, Ankara, Turkey.
- 1985 - 1991 Study of Human Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey.
- 1991 Certificate of Doctor in the USA (ECFMG, USMLE).
- 1998 Development of ICSI (Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection) Program, Ankara University.
- 1998 - 1999 Research Internship in IVF, University of Lübeck, Germany.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM).
- Turkish Society for Reproductive Medicine (TSRM).
- Turkish Gynecology and Obstetric Society (TJOD).
- European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology (ESHRE).
- Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis International Society.
- Turkish Society of Gynecological Endoscopy.
- Turkish-German Gynecological Association.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Memorial Ataşehir Hospital
Department of Reproductive Medicine.
Memorial Atasehir Hospital Istanbul:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.