Memorial Atasehir Hospital Istanbul
Department of Gynecology, Gynecologic Oncology, Urogynecology and Obstetrics (637963)
Specialized in: gynecology, gynecologic oncology, urogynecology, obstetrics
About the Department of Gynecology, Gynecologic Oncology, Urogynecology and Obstetrics at Memorial Atasehir Hospital Istanbul
The Department of Gynecology, Gynecologic Oncology, Urogynecology and Obstetrics at the Memorial Atasehir Hospital Istanbul offers the full range of high-quality medical services for the prevention, diagnostics and treatment of diseases of the female reproductive system. The department's specialists are distinguished by their rich and successful experience in the treatment of malignancies of the female reproductive organs. In addition, the department provides top-class obstetric services – integrated management of pregnancy, childbirth and postnatal care for mother and baby. The department's obstetricians also specialize in the management of high-risk pregnancies and multiple pregnancies. The department has state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment for comprehensive assessment of the state of the female reproductive system, as well as cutting-edge technologies for sparing surgical treatment using laparoscopic, robotic and transvaginal surgical techniques. The excellent medical and technical base combined with the high professionalism of the medical team guarantees effective treatment of even the most complex gynecologic diseases. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Tolga Ergin.
One of the most important areas of clinical practice is the prevention, diagnostics and treatment of malignant tumors of the reproductive system in women. The department's gynecologists admit patients with uterine, cervical, ovarian, fallopian tube, vulvar and vaginal cancers. These are complex pathological conditions, which require a comprehensive interdisciplinary approach and a proper combination of therapeutic methods. The department's medical team has the necessary competence and skills for the highly effective cancer treatment. The doctors adhere to current clinical protocols and recommendations of professional societies. As a rule, the first line therapy is a surgical resection of a malignant tumor. The preference is always given to sparing interventions, which facilitate rapid recovery of the patient and reduce the risk of complications, including infectious ones. Depending on the clinical indications, the treatment regimen is complemented by chemotherapy and/or radiation therapy, which may be performed before or after the intervention. Hormone therapy, immunotherapy, targeted therapy and other techniques are also applied. When treating cancer in women of childbearing age, the department's doctors prefer methods, which allow them to preserve reproductive function. During the therapeutic process, the patients also receive psychological care, which is aimed at accepting the diagnosis and overcoming the emotional distress caused by the disease.
The department's specialization is not limited to cancer treatment. The patients with general gynecological pathologies also receive competent medical care here. The team of the department's gynecologists consults women with uterine fibroids, polycystic ovary, endometriosis, menstrual irregularities, menopause, impaired female sex hormone levels, infectious diseases and other pathologies. To detect these pathologies, the doctors conduct diagnostics, which includes clinical examination, laboratory tests, ultrasound examinations and other procedures. The optimal treatment regimen is developed according to the diagnostic results.
The range of the department's gynecological services is complemented by the diagnostics and treatment of urogynecological diseases in women, including all types of urinary incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse. The department carries out urine and blood tests, ureteroscopy, cystoscopy, ultrasound scanning of the abdominal cavity and pelvic organs. The required scope of therapeutic measures is determined depending on the complexity and stage of the disease. At the initial stages of urinary incontinence, it is enough to have drug therapy and a special set of exercises to strengthen the muscles of the pelvic floor, while the advanced types of pathology require surgical treatment. The department's specialists perform TVT and TOT sling surgical procedures, corrective surgical procedures. The treatment tactics are determined individually for each patient.
In addition to the diagnostics and treatment of gynecological diseases, the department's specialists provide all types of obstetric services in compliance with the recommendations and standards of modern medicine. The department provides integrated management of pregnancy, childbirth and postpartum care. The department's doctors guarantee the highest safety during childbirth for both mother and baby. If necessary, they use acupuncture, aromatherapy, relaxation baths, massages, epidural anesthesia and other methods for pain relief to maximize the comfort of the woman during childbirth. With appropriate clinical indications, C-section is performed.
The department's main clinical focuses include:
- Diagnostics and treatment of oncological diseases of the female reproductive system
- Uterine cancer
- Cervical cancer
- Ovarian cancer
- Fallopian tube cancer
- Vulvar cancer
- Vaginal cancer
- Diagnostics and treatment of benign diseases of the female reproductive system
- Uterine fibroids
- Polycystic ovary syndrome
- Menstrual irregularities
- Impaired female sex hormone levels
- Infectious diseases of the female reproductive system
- Diagnostics and treatment of urogynecologic diseases
- All types of urinary incontinence, including stress incontinence, urge incontinence, mixed urinary incontinence
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Obstetric services
- Integrated management of pregnancy, including high-risk pregnancies and multiple pregnancies
- Childbirth (natural childbirth and C-section)
- Postpartum care for mother and baby
- Other medical services
Curriculum vitae of Prof. Dr. med. Tolga Ergin
- Since 2011 Head of the Department of Gynecology, Gynecological Oncology, Urogynecology and Obstetrics at the Memorial Atasehir Hospital Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey.
- 2009 - 2010 Lecturer at the Faculty of Medicine, Acıbadem University School of Medicine, Istanbul, Turkey.
- 2003 - 2010 Physician in the Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Acibadem Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey.
- 1998 - 2003 Physician in the Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Başkent University Hospital, Ankara, Turkey.
- 1996 - 1997 Physician in the Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, General Hospital, Ankara, Turkey.
Higher Education and Postgraduate Training
- 1992 - 1996 Highly specialized training in Gynecology and Obstetrics, Dr. Zekai Tahir Burak Women's Health Research and Education Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey.
- 1985 - 1991 Study of Human Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Hacettepe University, Istanbul, Turkey.
- 17 articles in international and 39 articles in Turkish journals.
- 2 book chapters, 3 book translations.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- Turkish Society of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- Istanbul Society of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- Turkey Maternal Fetal Medicine and Perinatology Association.
- Turkish German Gynecological Association.
- Turkish Urogynecology and Pelvic Reconstructive Surgery Association.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Memorial Ataşehir Hospital
Department of Gynecology, Gynecologic Oncology, Urogynecology and Obstetrics.
Memorial Atasehir Hospital Istanbul:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.