Outpatient Diagnostic Center Charite Mitte Berlin
Department of Outpatient Diagnostics (414305)
Specialized in: outpatient diagnostics
About the department
The Department of Outpatient Diagnostics at the Outpatient Diagnostic Center Charite Mitte offers the full range of modern diagnostic procedures, including cutting-edge imaging studies. All diagnostic programs correspond to the individual needs of the specific patient. Much attention is also paid to comprehensive counseling, primary (prevention of the development of the disease) and secondary (prevention of complications of existing diseases or their relapse) prevention. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Yvonne Dörffel.
The medical team of the department has a unique experience and expertise in the diagnosis and treatment of the following diseases:
- Arterial hypertension (certification as the Center of the German Hypertension League)
- Metabolic disorders (endocrinology)
- Diseases of the gastrointestinal tract and liver (gastroenterology)
- Ultrasound diagnostics (patients receive care from doctors with more than 10 years of working experience and members of the German Society of Ultrasound in Medicine (DEGUM))
- Other clinical focuses
It should be noted that preference is given to comprehensive, interdisciplinary medical care, therefore all the doctors of the department closely cooperate with the Departments of Rheumatology, Cardiology, Gastroenterology, Pulmonology, Infectology, Surgery, Urology, Radiology, Neurology, Dermatology and Psychosomatics. Thus, the patient can receive the optimal medical opinion and recommendations for the further therapeutic measures.
The department’s range of diagnostic services includes:
- Echocardiography (heart ultrasound)
- Ultrasound examinations
- Internal organs: liver, gallbladder, biliary tract, spleen, pancreas, kidneys, aorta, intestine, lungs, bladder, prostate
- Extremity vessels, cerebral arteries and renal arteries
- Thyroid and parathyroid glands
- 24-hour blood pressure measurement (on an outpatient basis)
- Pulse wave velocity measurement
- ECG during exercise (ergometry)
- Bioelectrical impedance analysis
- Comprehensive diagnostic examination
- Study of anamnesis, clinical examination and preparation of an individual check-up plan
- Laboratory tests: check-up of all functions of the internal organs, control of the level of sodium, potassium, glucose, creatinine, uric acid, cholesterol, hormone levels, general blood test, urinalysis, tumor marker testing, etc.
- Heart and lung examinations: radiography, ultrasound, ECG, pulmonary function test
- Examinations of the cardiovascular system: stress ECG, 24-hour blood pressure measurement
- Bioelectrical impedance analysis (diagnosis of human body composition): muscles, bones, fluid, fat, cell integrity
- Assessment of the elasticity of vessels and their general condition (pulse wave analysis)
- High-resolution ultrasound examinations (including Doppler and color Doppler scanning)
- MRI, CT, gastroscopy, colonoscopy (according to medical indications)
- Other diagnostic services
Since 2005, Prof. Dörffel is an expert in the treatment of hypertension (German Hypertension League). She has also defended her doctoral dissertation on arterial hypertension (1997 - 2002). The doctor is qualified in the field of ultrasound diagnostics in cardiology (1990), gastroenterology and endocrinology (1992), and since 1997 she has also received a certificate entitling her to teach in the field of ultrasound diagnostics. In addition, Dr. Dörffel is the owner of the Humboldt Award (Humboldt University of Berlin), Robert Koch Award for Scientific Activities and Louis Lewin Award for Innovations in Teaching. In 2011, Dr. Dörffel was awarded the title of the Best Docent in Clinical Research of the entire Faculty of Medicine at the Charite.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Medizinische Poliklinik Campus Charité Mitte (CCM)
Department of Outpatient Diagnostics.
Outpatient Diagnostic Center Charite Mitte Berlin:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.