Primus Super Speciality Hospital New Delhi
Department of Reproductive Medicine (303024)
Specialized in: reproductive medicine
About the Department of Reproductive Medicine at Primus Super Speciality Hospital New Delhi
The Department of Reproductive Medicine at the Primus Super Speciality Hospital New Delhi offers all the modern options for the diagnostics and treatment of infertility in men and women. The department has state-of-the-art equipment and techniques, such as intracytoplasmic morphologically selected sperm injection (IMSI), CASA computer system, Polscope technology, embryoscopy and many others. The department's reproductologists regularly demonstrate excellent results in IVF procedure. The department is headed by Dr. med. R.K. Sharma.
To diagnose reproductive function in women, the department carries out hysteroscopy, laparoscopy and ultrasound scan. The reproductive potential of men is assessed using spermogram. After receiving the examination results, the department's doctors develop an individual treatment regimen for each patient. There are used many different treatment methods, ranging from simple to the most advanced ones.
Hormone therapy is an effective therapeutic technique for hormonal disorders. Drug treatment corrects ovarian function in the case of reduction of the production of mature eggs and suppressing ovulation. Another effective treatment is intrauterine insemination (IUI). The pretreated sperm is injected directly into the uterus through a small catheter. The purpose of IUI is to increase the number of high-quality sperm, which can reach the fallopian tubes and fertilize the egg. As a rule, IUI is prescribed in infertility of unknown origin, decreased number of sperm, impaired sperm motility and ejaculation.
The department's specialists successfully perform the IVF procedure, which is the most common method of infertility treatment. The treatment involves the hormonal stimulation of the woman's ovaries, after which the doctor extracts eggs suitable for fertilization. The obtained eggs are fertilized by the partner's sperm in the laboratory, after which the embryos will be implanted in the uterine cavity. Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) is an effective part of the IVF procedure. In addition, the department's doctors have experience using PICSI technique, which increases the chance of pregnancy and reduces the number of miscarriages in IVF. To detect genetic malformations in embryos obtained during IVF, the department performs a preliminary genetic screening.
The department also offers surrogacy, which for some couples may be the only way to become parents. Other medical services include sperm, egg and embryo donation, germ cell cryopreservation, fertility enhancement surgery and surgical sperm extraction.
The department's range of medical services includes:
- Intrauterine insemination
- In vitro fertilization (IVF)
- ICSI technique (intracytoplasmic sperm injection)
- PICSI technique (physiological intracytoplasmic sperm injection)
- Sperm donation
- Egg donation
- Embryo donation
- Germ cell cryopreservation
- Surgical sperm extraction (minimally invasive interventions)
- TESE (testicular sperm extraction)
- PESA (percutaneous epididymal sperm aspiration)
- MESA (microsurgical epididymal sperm aspiration)
- Other medical services
Curriculum vitae of Dr. med. R.K. Sharma
Dr. med. R.K. Sharma leads the Department of Reproductive Medicine at the Primus Super Speciality Hospital New Delhi. Prior to that, he worked at the AFMC Pune & Army Hospital in Delhi. He has over 33 years of clinical and teaching experience in gynecology and reproductology. As a world-famous IVF specialist (he has performed more than 1,500 such procedures), he founded the IVF Center in India at the Army Hospital R&R and Command Hospital in Pune.
- 1981 Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, University of Pune.
- 1989 Master in Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Pune.
- 1995 Training in IVF at Bombay Hospital.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- International Federation of Fertility Societies (IFFS).
- Indian Society of Endoscopy.
- Federation of Obstetrics and Gynecological Societies of India (FOGSI).
- Reviewer of national and international magazines.
- Scientific Supervisor on the writing graduate works in the field of reproductive medicine.
- Examiner in the postdoctoral examination in reproductive medicine in India.
- Advisor on many assisted reproductive technology programs at the State College of Medicine and Institutes.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Primus Hospital
Department of Reproductive Medicine.
Primus Super Speciality Hospital New Delhi:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.