Primus Super Speciality Hospital New Delhi
Department of Urology (303025)
Specialized in: urology
About the department
The Department of Urology at Primus Hospital in New Delhi under the direction of Dr. Pankaj Wadhwa specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of a wide range of urological and genital problems in both males and females. The physicians focus on non- invasive and minimally invasive treatments thus ensuring the best possible results with the minimum amount of discomfort. The Department believes in the "Patient First" philosophy, giving personalized medical care to all its patients.
Laparoscopic surgery (minimally invasive surgery) involves surgery through one or more very small skin incisions, rather than long incision in open operations. The advantages of laparoscopic procedures are rapid postoperative recovery and less pain, while the effectiveness is not inferior to open surgery. The following operations are performed laparoscopically in the Department of Urology at Primus Super Speciality Hospital:
- Laparoscopic nephrectomy (removal of kidney – for cancer or non-functioning kidney)
- Laparoscopic partial nephrectomy (removing part of a kidney)
- Laparoscopic marsupialization of kidney cysts
- Laparoscopic pyeloplasty
- Laparoscopic adrenalectomy (removal of adrenal gland)
- Laparoscopic radical prostatectomy (for prostate cancer)
- Laparoscopic radical cystectomy
- Laparoscopic ureterolithotomy
- Laparoscopic assisted PCNL for stones in ectopic kidney
- Laparoscopic varicocele repair
- Laparoscopic sacrocolpoplexy
The Department of Urology at Primus Hospital in New Delhi under the direction of Dr. Pankaj Wadhwa also offers a variety of cutting-edge endourological procedures. These include:
- TURP (trans urethral resection of prostate)
- HOLEP (holmium laser enucleation of prostate)
- PCNL (percutaneous nephrolithotomy)
- RIRS (retrograde intrarenal surgery)
The specialists of the Department of Urology are especially focused on the diagnosis and treatment of genitourinary diseases, such as cancer of the prostate, adrenal glands, bladder, kidneys, ureters, testicles and penis. Reconstructive urology is another focus of the Department, led by Dr. Pankaj Wadhwa. It aims to restore the structure and function of genitourinary tract that has been damaged due to inflammation, malignancy, trauma or congenital birth defects. There is offered the entire spectrum of reconstructive urologic procedures:
- Bladder augmentation
- Orthotopic neobladder
- Urinary fistula reconstruction
- Botox treatment for the bladder
- Genital reconstruction
- Penile implants
- Reconstructive urethral surgery
- Ureteric substitution, Boari flap or TUU (trans uretero-ureterostomy)
- Vasectomy reversal
The service range of the Department of Urology at Primus Super Speciality Hospital in New Delhi also includes the treatment of male infertility. Urinary incontinence is another common condition affecting both men and women. To diagnose urinary incontinence, the medical team under the direction of Dr. Pankaj Wadhwa uses urodynamic analysis, as well as X-ray of the bladder and urinary system.
The Department of Urology has a state-of-the-art Kidney Dialysis Unit to provide an effective renal replacement therapy (dialysis, hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis). The medical team, led by Dr. Pankaj Wadhwa, has performed many successful kidney transplants that saved and improved the quality of lives of thousands of patients.
Furthermore, the Department of Urology at Primus Hospital in New Delhi has a unique experience in the field of pediatric urology dealing with the disorders of children's genitourinary system. There are treated the following pediatric pathologies:
- Bedwetting and urinary incontinence
- Urolithiasis (bladder and kidney stones)
- Chordee and other minor malformations of the penis
- Undescended testes (cryptorchidism)
- Urinary obstruction and vesicoureteral reflux
- Neurogenic bladder
- Antenatal hydronephrosis
- Genitourinary malformations and birth defects
- Prune belly syndrome
Department of Urology.
Primus Super Speciality Hospital New Delhi:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home