Primus Super Speciality Hospital New Delhi
Department of Endocrinology (303027)
Deepak Gargi Pande
Specialized in: endocrinology
About the Department of Endocrinology at Primus Super Speciality Hospital New Delhi
Due to the difficulties associated with the organization of treatment in Turkey, Switzerland, South Korea and India, we are not currently processing requests to these regions.
If you are interested in treatment in Germany, please leave a request and our specialists will contact you as soon as possible.
The Department of Endocrinology at the Primus Super Speciality Hospital New Delhi offers the full range of diagnostics and treatment of endocrine diseases. The priority clinical focuses include the treatment of type 1 and 2 diabetes mellitus, thyroid diseases and metabolic disorders. A multidisciplinary team of experienced doctors, nurses, nutritionists, pharmacists and physiotherapists provides top-class medical services and supports patients by all means. The department is headed by Dr. med. Deepak Gargi Pande.
The department's specialists have rich experience in the treatment of diabetes mellitus. They mostly have to deal with type 1 and type 2 diabetes mellitus, gestational diabetes mellitus. A team of experts in this field not only selects the optimal course of insulin therapy or drug treatment, but also trains the patients on self-control of the disease and the prevention of its complications. The department provides individual and group trainings on diabetes mellitus prevention, monitoring of blood glucose levels, planning of nutrition and physical activity, the proper administration of insulin and hypoglycemic drugs, treatment of diabetes during pregnancy, etc. The treatment of diabetes mellitus should be very individual, so the specialists carefully assess the patient's health. According to the diagnostic results, the doctors develop a course of treatment, which helps prevent complications and disability, as well as allows the patient to lead a full, healthy lifestyle. The doctors train patients how to use insulin pumps and continuous glucose monitoring systems.
In addition, the field of competence of endocrinologists includes the diagnostics and treatment of thyroid diseases, including hyperthyroidism, hypothyroidism, diffuse goiter and nodules, thyroiditis and thyroid cancer. The department performs non-invasive or minimally invasive diagnostic procedures, for example, ultrasound scan, fine-needle puncture biopsy, thyroid scan. The accurate diagnostics allows the doctors to prescribe an effective treatment, which may include drug therapy, treatment using iodine-131 (radioiodine therapy) or surgery.
Another important department's focus is the treatment of obesity. The therapy usually requires a comprehensive approach, which includes diet, exercises, drug therapy, and, if necessary, surgery. It should be noted that obesity requires an individual approach, since the reasons for its development can be very diverse. Depending on the patient's condition, obesity can be treated both on an outpatient and inpatient basis. Weight loss helps to improve diabetes compensation, reduce blood pressure and blood cholesterol levels, alleviate joint pain, sleep disorders and breathing problems. In case of morbid obesity, the patients are prescribed bariatric surgery.
The department's specialists also have state-of-the-art technologies for the diagnostics and treatment of other endocrine diseases, including secondary arterial hypertension, endocrine tumors and disorders of the pituitary, adrenal, parathyroid glands, gonads, mineral metabolism disorders and osteoporosis. To conduct effective diagnostics and therapy, endocrinologists cooperate closely with radiologists, specialists in the field of nuclear medicine, pathologists and surgeons.
The department's spectrum of medical services includes:
- Diagnostics and treatment of type 1 and 2 diabetes mellitus
- Diagnostics and treatment of gestational diabetes mellitus
- Diagnostics and treatment of hypoglycemia
- Diagnostics and treatment of thyroid diseases
- Diagnostics and treatment of parathyroid diseases
- Diagnostics and treatment of adrenal gland disorders
- Diagnostics and treatment of pituitary diseases
- Diagnostics and treatment of metabolic bone diseases, osteoporosis
- Diagnostics and treatment of lipid metabolism disorders
- Diagnostics and treatment of hypogonadism
- Diagnostics and treatment of menstrual irregularities and infertility of endocrine genesis
- Diagnostics and treatment of obesity
- Other medical services
Curriculum vitae of Dr. med. Deepak Gargi Pande
Dr. med. Deepak Gargi Pande heads the Department of Endocrinology at the Primus Super Speciality Hospital New Delhi. He has over 18 years of clinical experience in the area of his specialization.
- Clinical endocrinology.
- Thyroid diseases.
- 1996 Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, Sarojini Naidu Medical College, Agra.
- 2000 Dr. med. in Internal Medicine, King George's Medical University, Lucknow.
- 2017 Endocrinology scholarship from the American College of Endocrinology.
- Certified Lecturer in Diabetology, National Diabetes Education Program.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists.
- Professional Member of the American Diabetes Association.
- International Society for Pediatric and Adolescent Diabetes (ISPAD).
- American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists.
Research Society for Study of Diabetes in India (RSSDI).
Photo of the doctor: (c) Primus Hospital
Department of Endocrinology.
Primus Super Speciality Hospital New Delhi:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.