Primus Super Speciality Hospital New Delhi
Department of Adult and Pediatric Rheumatology (303032)
Shaloo Bhasin Gagneja
Specialized in: adult and pediatric rheumatology
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Rheumatology at the Primus Super Speciality Hospital New Delhi offers the full range of medical services in this field. The department specializes in the diagnostics and treatment of patients of all age groups with soft tissue diseases, rheumatic and metabolic bone diseases. The treatment is provided both on an inpatient and outpatient basis. The department works in compliance with the highest standards of medical care using the very latest innovations in this medical field. The Chief Physician of the department is Dr. med. Shaloo Bhasin Gagneja.
The department pays special attention to the early diagnostics and treatment, pain management, improvement of the quality of life and prolonging the life of patients suffering from chronic rheumatic diseases. Rheumatic pathologies affect the joints, soft and connective tissues. An medical examination by rheumatologist is indicated for patients who experience pain in the joints, back or neck, accompanied by stiffness in the morning or a rash, recurring fever and painful oral ulcers, increased dryness of the mucous membranes, non-healing ulcers.
The team of the department's doctors has long experience and deep knowledge in the treatment and prevention of rheumatic diseases. In addition, the doctors provide psychological support to patients, and also always take into account their needs and wishes. The department has an impeccable reputation for its provision of top-class medical care.
The main focuses of the department's clinical practice include:
- Diagnostics and treatment of rheumatoid arthritis, including juvenile rheumatoid arthritis
- Diagnostics and treatment of psoriatic arthritis
- Diagnostics and treatment of ankylosing spondylitis
- Diagnostics and treatment of systemic lupus erythematosus
- Diagnostics and treatment of gout
- Diagnostics and treatment of osteoporosis
- Diagnostics and treatment of other rheumatic diseases
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, Manipal Academy of Higher Education.
- Diplomate of the National Board of Medical Examiners (Internal Medicine), National Examination Board.
- Clinical Officer in Rheumatology at the National University Hospital in Singapore.
- EULAR course on ultrasound of the musculoskeletal system.
- Head of the Department of Rheumatology at the Primus Super Specialty Hospital New Delhi.
- Consultant in Rheumatology, Primus Super Specialty Hospital Chanakyapuri.
- Consultant in Rheumatology, Columbia Asia Palam Vihar Hospital.
- Consultant in Rheumatology, Columbia Asia Hospital Palam Vihar.
- Associate Consultant in Internal Medicine, Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurgaon.
- Medical Consultant, Internal Medicine, Mata Chanan Devi Hospital, New Delhi.
- Senior Resident, Internal Medicine and Rheumatology, AIIMS, New Delhi.
- Senior Resident, Internal Medicine and Rheumatology, Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh.
- Diplomate of the National Board of Medical Examiners (Medicine), Batra Hospital and Medical Research Centre, New Delhi.
Prizes and Honors
- 2010 Presentation of oral reports, IRACON.
- Hypertrophic pachymeningitis in systemic sclerosis and scleroderma, International Journal of Rheumatic Diseases.
- Cognitive dysfunction in systemic lupus erythematosus, Indian Journal of Rheumatology.
- Review article on the role of dopplerography as a marker of disease activity in rheumatoid arthritis.
- 2015 Poster presentation, APLAR.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Primus Hospital
Department of Adult and Pediatric Rheumatology.
Primus Super Speciality Hospital New Delhi:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.