Primus Super Speciality Hospital New Delhi
Department of Hematology (303034)
Specialized in: hematology
The Department of Hematology at Primus Hospital in New Delhi, led by Dr. Anupama Jaggia, focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of blood disorders. It is one of the very few clinics in India specializing in hematological disorders. The goal of the physicians is to deliver effective and high quality medical care at an affordable price. The treatment is provided on both inpatient and outpatient basis. In addition, the Department has state-of-the-art technologies and great infrastructure for patients to feel comfortable during the entire course of their treatment.
The specialists of the Department of Hematology at Primus Super Speciality Hospital under the direction of Dr. Anupama Jaggia treat benign and malignant blood disorders. Overall, there are treated the following diseases:
- Leukemia (acute and chronic)
- Plasma cell disorders, including myeloma and primary amyloidosis
- Lymphomas of all types
- Anemias, including iron deficiency, megaloblastic anemia, thalassemia, sickle cell anemia
- Platelet disorders, including ITP, thrombocytosis
- Bleeding disorders (e.g. hemophilia)
- Venous thromboses and thrombophilia
- Bone marrow failure syndromes (e.g. aplastic anaemia, myelodysplastic syndromes)
- Neutropenic sepsis and tumor lysis syndrome (these are managed round the clock)
The most common procedures provided in the Department of Hematology at Primus Hospital in New Delhi are bone marrow aspirations and biopsies, blood transfusions, chemotherapies and bone marrow transplantations (allogeneic and autologous).
- New Delhi, India