Primus Super Speciality Hospital New Delhi
Department of Pulmonology (303037)
Specialized in: pulmonology
About the department
The Department of Pulmonology at the Primus Super Speciality Hospital New Delhi offers the full range of diagnostics and treatment of diseases of the lungs and other organs of the respiratory system. The department provides comprehensive, individualized treatment for the patients. The scope of tasks also includes the provision of emergency medical care. The department employs highly qualified doctors who have gained invaluable experience in the best Indian medical facilities. The ultramodern technical base and the availability of specialized units allows the doctors to provide the best treatment results. The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. SK Chhabra.
The department is equipped with everything necessary for the provision of top-class inpatient and outpatient treatment, as well as intensive care for patients with bronchial asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), tuberculosis, bronchiectatic disease, pneumonia, obstructive sleep apnea, interstitial lung diseases, sarcoidosis, pulmonary hypertension, as well as rare diseases of the respiratory system.
The department's range of medical services includes:
- Interventional pulmonology
- Endobronchial ultrasound examination for the diagnostics of mediastinal diseases
- Thoracoscopy (pleuroscopy) for the diagnostics of pleural diseases
- Pleural biopsy
- Flexible videobronchoscopy
- Bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL)
- Bronchial brush biopsy
- Endobronchial biopsy
- Transbronchial lung biopsy (TBLB)
- Transbronchial fine needle aspiration biopsy
- Bronchoscopy in patients with hypoxemia
- Bronchoscopy in patients in intensive care
- Percutaneous tracheostomy
- Interventional ultrasound/CT-guided thoracic procedures
- Pulmonary function laboratory
- Assessment of pulmonary diffusing capacity
- Helium dilution technique for the assessment of residual functional capacity of the lungs
- Six-minute step test
- Pulse oximetry
- Assessment of respiratory muscle function
- Exhaled nitric oxide analysis
- Lung ultrasonography
- 64-slice high-resolution computed tomography
- Intensive therapy
- Modern mechanical ventilation (invasive and non-invasive)
- Modern monitoring systems
- State-of-the-art intensive care units for the maintenance of vital functions
- Ultrasound-guided catheterization of central veins and arteries for hemodynamic monitoring
- Physical training, breathing exercises
- Postural drainage
- Stimulating spirometry
- Smoking cessation
- Yoga for lungs
- Medical and preventive care at home
- Oxygen therapy at home
- Non-invasive ventilation at home
- Other diagnostic and therapeutic options
Prof. Dr. med. SK Chhabra heads the Department of Pulmonology at the Primus Super Speciality Hospital New Delhi. Previously, he worked as Professor and Director of the Vallabhbhai Patel Chest Institute, Delhi. It is an internationally recognized and well-known facility specializing in the treatment of thoracic diseases. After his postgraduate training, the doctor collaborated with the facility for 30 years. He led the Intensive Care Unit, inpatient services and the pulmonary function laboratory. The doctor has an excellent reputation, and is also engaged in training and research activities.
His research and clinical interests include bronchial asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, interstitial lung diseases, such as sarcoidosis and interstitial fibrosis, lung infections, lung function testing and the influence of air pollution on the state of the respiratory system. Prof. Chhabra is one of the leading doctors in India and around the world specializing in the treatment of bronchial asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and other diseases of the thoracic organs, as well as in the field of pulmonary function testing.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- American College of Pulmonologists.
- European Respiratory Society (ERS).
- Indian Medical Association (IMA).
Department of Pulmonology.
Primus Super Speciality Hospital New Delhi:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.