Primus Super Speciality Hospital New Delhi
Department of General Surgery (303038)
Specialized in: general surgery
The Department of General Surgery at Primus Super Speciality Hospital in New Delhi provides comprehensive counseling and surgical treatment in many subspecialties, including colon and rectal surgery, surgery for traumas and burns, pediatric surgery, endocrine surgery, bariatric surgery etc. The Department is headed by Dr. Rajat Goel, a highly qualified surgeon with 11 years of experience in laparoscopic surgery and more than 470 bariatric interventions. The surgeons of the Department have a wealth of experience and enjoy an excellent reputation not only in their native country, but also worldwide.
The goal of the Department of General Surgery at Primus Hospital is to ensure the highest quality of medical care and to help people with various conditions.
Therefore, the medical team under the direction of Dr. Rajat Goel offer the full range of surgical interventions:
- Open or laparoscopic cholecystectomy (gall bladder removal)
- Open or laparoscopic transabdominal preperitoneal repair, total extraperitoneal repair (surgery for groin hernia repair)
- Surgery for incisional or ventral hernia repair (open or laparoscopic)
- Surgery for gastroesophageal reflux and dysphagia (fundoplication, laparoscopic Heller myotomy)
- Minimally invasive procedure for hemorrhoids (MIPH), stapled haemorrhoidopexy
- Open or laparoscopic appendectomy (surgery for appendicitis)
- Fistulectomy, ligation of intersphincteric fistulous tract (LIFT)
- Open or laparoscopic spleenectomy, adrenalectomy (surgery for solid organs)
- Surgery for benign and malignant liver diseases
- Surgery for benign and malignant diseases of the small and large bowel (hemicolectomy, APR and anterior resection)
- Surgery for cysts or tumors (lipoma, fibroma, sebaceous cyst, etc.)
- Surgery for breast tumors (fibroadenoma, breast cancer)
Bariatric surgery is among the key focuses of the Department of General Surgery at Primus Super Speciality Hospital in New Delhi. Bariatric surgery helps people to lose weight and to live a healthier life. The treatment of obesity requires a multidisciplinary approach that involves not only surgery, but also diet, medical therapy, physical exercises and psychological support.
The Department under the direction of Dr. Rajat Goel performs the following bariatric interventions:
- Laparoscopic gastric banding
- Laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy
- Laparoscopic gastric bypass
- Laparoscopic mini gastric bypass
All the above-mentioned operations help patients to lose about 60- 70% of excess weight.
It is worth noting that obesity cannot be considered as a cosmetic problem. In fact, it is a medical condition significantly affecting person’s health and increasing the risk of diseases, such as diabetes mellitus, high blood pressure (hypertension), obstructive sleep apnea and others.
- New Delhi, India