Primus Super Speciality Hospital New Delhi
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology (594442)
Sanyukta Phukan Banerjee
Specialized in: diagnostic and interventional radiology
About the Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology at Primus Super Speciality Hospital New Delhi
The Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology at the Primus Super Speciality Hospital New Delhi offers the full range of modern diagnostics and minimally invasive imaging-guided therapy. The department has the cutting-edge medical equipment, which, in combination with the high professionalism of doctors, forms a solid base for the provision of high-quality medical services. In addition, the specialists cooperate closely with related departments and provide imaging examinations in various diseases. The department is headed by Dr. med. Sanyukta Phukan Banerjee.
The department's range of medical services includes:
- Diagnostic radiology
- Imaging examinations of the nervous system
- Computed tomography
- Magnetic resonance imaging
- Ultrasound scans
- Digital mammography
- Musculoskeletal X-rays
- Imaging examinations of the head and neck
- General diagnostic radiology
- Interventional radiology
- Vascular interventions
- Screening in peripheral vascular diseases
- Angiography and angioplasty (carotid, renal, iliac, subclavian, mesenteric, popliteal arteries)
- Venous angioplasty and stent implantation
- Minimally invasive hemostasis of life-threatening haemorrhages from the gastrointestinal tract, genitourinary tract, respiratory tract
- Thrombolytic therapy in thromboses
- Formation of access for chemotherapy
- Preoperative embolization of vascular tumors (reduces blood loss during surgery)
- Embolization of arteriovenous malformations
- Laser and radiofrequency ablation in varicose veins
- Stent implantation in aortic aneurysm
- Endovascular treatment of post-traumatic pseudoaneurysm
- Transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shuningt
- Uterine fibroid embolization
- Implantation of cava filter in the vena cava inferior
- Aneurysm coiling
- Minimally invasive interventions
- Ultrasound and CT-guided fine needle aspiration biopsy (including biopsy of the kidneys, breast, liver, bones and tumors of other locations)
- Percutaneous transhepatic cholangiostomy
- Bile duct stent implantation
- Percutaneous nephrostomy
- Percutaneous abscess drainage
- Fallopian tube recanalization
- Radiofrequency ablation of tumors
- Intraoperative ultrasound examination for the removal of nonpalpable breast tumors
- Mammography, including digital examination
- Ultrasound-guided fine-needle aspiration biopsy followed by cytological examination
- Stereotactic breast biopsy
- Ultrasound-guided cyst aspiration
- Vascular interventions
- Other diagnostic and therapeutic services
Curriculum vitae of Dr. med. Sanyukta Phukan Banerjee
Dr. med. Sanyukta Phukan Banerjee heads the Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology at the Primus Super Speciality Hospital New Delhi. She has over 18 years of experience in the areas of her specialization. From 1989 to 1994, she studied Medicine, after which she received Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery at the Gauhati Medical College, Gauhati University. She completed postgraduate training in the field of diagnostic and interventional radiology at the Army Hospital Research and Referral at the University of Delhi (1996-1999).
Special Clinical Interests
- Imaging of the musculoskeletal system.
- Imaging of the thoracic organs.
- Imaging of the genitourinary ducts.
- Imaging of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Imaging of the female reproductive organs.
- CT and MRI examinations.
- Ultrasound diagnostics.
- Digital mammography.
- Musculoskeletal X-rays.
- Imaging of the head and neck.
- General diagnostic radiology.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Primus Hospital
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology.
Primus Super Speciality Hospital New Delhi:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.