Samitivej Hospital Bangkok
Department of Neurology (302951)
Specialized in: neurology
The Department of Neurology at the Samitivej Hospital in Bangkok deals with diagnosis and treatment of all neurological disorders and conditions from mild headaches to epileptic seizures, dementia or strokes. The highly qualified physicians help patients along every step of their treatment, from early diagnosis to intensive care to rehabilitation and follow-up visits.
Professor Natte Raksadawan leads a well-integrated team, consisting of specialized physicians and neurologists, who exemplify commitment, training, many years of experience as well as a keen understanding of the inner workings of the human brain and central nervous system.
In addition to its highly trained staff, the Neurology Center at the Samitivej Hospital in Bangkok is equipped with cutting-edge medical technology. Neuroscience is a rapidly developing field and the specialists of the Department make sure that the Department stays at the forefront of the latest medical trends and advances. The equipment includes the most up-to-date Computer Tomography (CT) scanners, Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) devices and Electroencephalography (EEG) devices available.
Main treatment areas of the Department of Neurology at the Samitivej Hospital in Bangkok are the following:
- Rehabilitation of the brain and nervous system
- Stroke Clinic for both hemorrhage and infarction
- Clinic for headache and facial pain
- Clinic for vertigo and fainting (syncope)
- Clinic for acute and chronic pain
- Movement Disorder Clinic for diseases such as Parkinson’s
- Dementia and Behavior Disorders Clinic
- Clinic for Peripheral Neuropathy
- Epilepsy Clinic
- Bangkok, Thailand