Samitivej Hospital Bangkok
Department of Sports Medicine and Orthopedics (302956)
Specialized in: sports medicine, orthopedics
About the department
The Department of Sports Medicine and Orthopedics at the Samitivej Hospital Bangkok offers the comprehensive treatment for patients who suffer from musculoskeletal injuries, acute and chronic diseases of bones and joints. The department has well-coordinated team of 38 orthopedic surgeons, physiotherapists and experts in sports and physical rehabilitation. In addition, the department is equipped with the advanced orthopedic and physiotherapeutic equipment, which allows the doctors to provide the best medical care and to restore mobility of the patients. The Chief Physician of the department is Dr. med. Chaithavat Ngarmukos.
In addition to general surgical treatment and care for bone fractures, the department specializes in arthroplasty in patients with knee osteoarthritis, hip dysplasia and avascular necrosis, as well as hand microsurgery. In addition, the department includes the specialized Section for Spinal Diseases.
The department's range of medical services includes:
- Conservative and surgical treatment of bone fractures
- Surgical correction of joint ankylosis
- Treatment and prevention of osteoporosis, as well as surgical treatment of osteoporotic fractures
- Conservative and surgical treatment of spinal diseases
- Surgical correction of scoliosis and spinal stenosis
- Treatment of the intervertebral disc lesions by means of injections of anti-inflammatory drugs
- Surgical correction of degenerative diseases of the intervertebral discs and spondylosis by means of endoscopic, minimally invasive techniques using navigation systems
- Treatment of spinal fractures using the technique of percutaneous vertebroplasty
- Surgical treatment of spinal infections, including tuberculosis
- Joint replacement surgery (knee, hip)
- Revision arthroplasty
- Hand surgery and microsurgery
- Replantation surgery of fingers, hands, tendons and nerves, as well as microscopic surgery for the correction of injuries of the brachial plexus
- Endoscopic treatment of carpal tunnel syndrome
- Arthroscopy of the elbow and hand joints
- Surgical treatment of wrist fractures
- Surgical treatment of hand tendon pathologies
- Treatment for resistant back pain syndrome
- Other therapeutic options
- 1969 Doctorate, Faculty of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University.
- Orthopedic Residency, Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, New York, USA.
- 1971 Diploma of the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery.
Department of Sports Medicine and Orthopedics.
Samitivej Hospital Bangkok:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.