Samitivej Hospital Bangkok
Department of General Surgery (302957)
Specialized in: general surgery
About the department
The Department of General Surgery at the Samitivej Hospital Bangkok offers all modern surgical interventions for the treatment of pathologies of varying severity, ranging from surgery for bone cracks and fractures up to brain tumors and arterial occlusions. The department is headed by Dr. med. Viriya Kaewkangsadan.
The department's competent surgeons perform both minimally invasive interventions, after which the patient can leave the hospital on the same day, and complex extensive operations, after which the patient requires a long stay in the Intensive Care Unit. The highest level of treatment quality is achieved thanks to the cutting-edge medical equipment, impeccable hygiene in all rooms and operating rooms, as well as the use of innovative surgical techniques.
The department specializes in the diagnostics and treatment of the following diseases and pathological conditions:
- Wounds and injuries, including bone fractures, dislocations, sprains
- Brain tumors
- Intracerebral hemorrhages
- Brain abscesses
- Valvular heart diseases
- Occlusive arterial diseases
- Lung, breast and liver tumors
- Calculi in the gallbladder, kidneys or urinary tract
- Hematuria and bladder tumors
- Back and neck pains
- Other diseases
The surgical spectrum of the department includes:
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Laparoscopic appendectomy
- Laparoscopic hernia repair
- Bariatric surgery
- Colon surgery
- Laparoscopic diagnostics
- Other interventions
- 2006 Diploma of the Thai Board of Surgery.
- 2007 Certificate of General Surgery, Internal College of Surgeons.
- 2016 PhD, Cancer Immunology, University of Nottingham, UK.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Samitivej Hospital Bangkok
Department of General Surgery.
Samitivej Hospital Bangkok:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.