Samitivej Hospital Bangkok
Department of Hearing Disorders (302961)
Specialized in: otolaryngology, hearing disorders
About the department
The Department of Hearing Disorders at the Samitivej Children’s Hospital in Bangkok provides assessment, treatment and restoration to patients with hearing and speech impairment. Children from all age groups (from newborn babies up to school-age students) are offered hearing screening and testing by using Otoacoustic Emissions (OAE) and/or Automated Auditory Brainstem Response (A-ABR). Various treatment strategies and aids are available.
Depending on the clinical situation of the patient, hearing loss can be treated by using a hearing aid or a cochlear implant. The range of medical services of the Department of Hearing Disorders at the Samitivej Children’s Hospital in Bangkok also includes follow-ups with patients using hearing aids to assist them in adjusting the hearing aid to suit the individual patient and providing care and solutions related to hearing aids. Thus, the highly qualified specialists under the lead of Dr. Greetha Moungthong are committed to ensure the patients can receive here the best treatment possible, which comprises cutting-edge diagnosis, treatment and an attentive follow-up care.
Main treatment areas of the Department of Hearing Disorders at the Samitivej Children’s Hospital in Bangkok are the following:
- Hearing screening and testing in newborn babies - school-age students by using Otoacoustic Emissions (OAE) and/or Automated Auditory Brainstem Response (A-ABR)
- Hearing screening and testing in children above the age of three years and adults with pure tone audiometry
- Examining the function of inner ear using electrocochleaography
- Examining the function of middle ear using tympanometry
- Providing suitable hearing aids for children and adults
- Cochlear implants
- Follow up with patients using hearing aids
- Training patients on how to listen and speak using a hearing aid
- Consultation on speech and hearing impairment
- Surgery and treatment for auditory problems
- The First Class Honors M.D., Faculty of Medicine, Khon Kaen University, 1982.
- Diploma of Thai Board of Ohorhinolarygology, Phramongkutklao Hospital, Thailand, 1988.
- Certificate Research Fellowship in Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology,The Children's Memorial Hospital, Chicago, Illinois, USA. 1995-1996.
Department of Hearing Disorders.
Samitivej Hospital Bangkok:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home