Samitivej Hospital Bangkok
Department of Pediatric Dermatology (302964)
Specialized in: pediatric dermatology
About the department
The Department of Pediatric Dermatology at the Samitivej Children’s Hospital in Bangkok, headed by Dr. Srisupalak Singalavanija, offers diagnosis and treatment of common skin diseases in children including skin infections and dermatitis. The team of specialists of the Department uses a microbiological culture to determine the cause of each condition and prevent its recurrence. With the latest medical equipment, the dermatologists provide the most effective treatment for various skin conditions in children.
Additional measures, such as testing for dermatophytes and performing biopsies enables the physicians of the Samitivej Children’s Hospital in Bangkok to test for infection and determine root causes.
The range of services of the Department under the lead of Dr. Srisupalak Singalavanija covers the following diseases:
- Skin infections (bacteria, fungi, virus and parasites)
- Dermatitis (allergic contact dermatitis and dermatitis from other causes)
- Rare skin diseases in children
- Skin diseases in newborns and genetic skin conditions
- Vesiculobullous disorders
- Papulosquamous disorders, such as psoriasis and pityriasis rosacea, etc.
- Skin diseases associated with other conditions
The Department of Pediatric Dermatology at the Samitivej Children’s Hospital in Bangkok possesses the following diagnostic and treatment options:
- KOH preparation test for dermatophytes
- Wood’s Light Examination (test that uses ultraviolet light to detect bacterial and fungal skin infections)
- Microbiological culture
- lnk test for scabies
- Biopsy and histopathology
- M.D.,Faculty of Medicine, Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, 1978.
- Certificate in Family Medicine, The Medical council of Thailand 1981.
- Diploma of Thai Board of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine Ramathibodi Hospital, Mahidol University, 1
- Diploma of Thai Board of Pediatric Dermatology, Faculty of Medicine Ramathibodi Hospital, Mahidol Un
- Certificate in Pediatric Dermatology, The Medical council of Thailand, 2007.
- Clinical Fellowship in Pediatric Dermatology, University of California and San Francisco, U.S.A., 19
Department of Pediatric Dermatology.
Samitivej Hospital Bangkok:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home