Samitivej Hospital Bangkok
Department of Pediatric Nephrology (302966)
Specialized in: pediatric nephrology
About the department
The Department of Pediatric Nephrology at the Samitivej Hospital Bangkok offers the full service range for the diagnostics and treatment of kidney diseases in children. The department's diagnostic options also include the detection of kidney pathologies caused by genetic factors. In addition, the department's medical team carry out additional examinations for the confirmation of the cause of the disease and selection of the optimal treatment tactics. All diagnostic and therapeutic measures meet the standardized medical protocols. The department is headed by Dr. med. Nanthiya Pravitsitthikul.
Once an accurate diagnosis has been made, the competent department's nephrologists provide treatment aimed at slowing the progression of the disease or complete recovery. The department also carries out the correction of electrolyte imbalance, as well as treats hypertension, pathologies of the urinary system, inflammatory kidney diseases, including systemic lupus erythematosus and IgA nephropathy.
The department's clinical focuses include:
- Treatment of kidney failure using hemodialysis
- Treatment of kidney failure using peritoneal dialysis
- Kidney transplantation
- Diagnostics of the kidneys and urinary tract using ultrasound, radiopaque substances and radioisotope scanning
- Diagnostics and treatment of acute and chronic glomerulonephritis
- Diagnostics and treatment of acute and chronic kidney failure
- Kidney biopsy
- Diagnostics and treatment of nephropathy caused by systemic lupus erythematosus
- Diagnostics and treatment of congenital kidney diseases and urinary tract pathologies
- Diagnostics and treatment of infections of the genitourinary tract
- Diagnostics and treatment of diseases of the genitourinary system, such as the presence of erythrocytes and/or protein in the urine
- Diagnostics and treatment of secondary hypertension caused by kidney pathology
- Correction of water-electrolyte imbalance
- Diagnostics and treatment of nephrotic syndrome (massive proteinuria)
- Other medical services
- 2002 Doctorate, Faculty of Medicine, Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University.
- Graduate Diploma of Clinical Science (Pediatrics), Faculty of Medicine, Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University.
- 2005 Diploma of the Thai Board of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University.
- Diploma of the Thai Board of Pediatric Nephrology, Faculty of Medicine, Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University.
- ISN Fellowship Certificate in Pediatric Nephrology, ISN Scholar.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Samitivej Hospital Bangkok
Department of Pediatric Nephrology.
Samitivej Hospital Bangkok:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.