Samitivej Hospital Bangkok
Department of Pediatric Nephrology (302966)
Specialized in: pediatric nephrology
About the department
The Department of Pediatric Nephrology at the Samitivej International Children’s Hospital under the lead of Dr. Nanthiya Pravitsitthikul delivers a comprehensive range of kidney related diagnostic and treatment services administered by a team of internationally accredited specialists. The Department’s services include the diagnosis of kidney diseases caused by genetic disorders and other conditions. The Department also performs additional analysis to confirm the cause of each condition and select the most appropriate treatment plan.
Once a kidney disease has been diagnosed and analyzed, the medical team under the direction of Dr. Nanthiya Pravitsitthikul provides treatments aimed at halting or slowing down the progress of conditions. In addition, the Samitivej International Children’s Hospital in Bangkok also treats electrolyte disorders with solutions containing saline and provides treatment to counter high blood pressure, urinary problems such as bladder control or bedwetting, and inflammation of the kidneys such as SLE nephritis and IgA nephropathy.
The range of medical services of the Department of Pediatric Nephrology at the Samitivej International Children’s Hospital in Bangkok includes:
- Treatment of kidney failure with hemodialysis
- Treatment of kidney failure with peritoneal dialysis
- Kidney transplant
- Evaluation of kidney and urinary tract disorders with ultrasound, radiopaque dye and kidney scan
- Treatment of acute and chronic glomerulonephritis
- Treatment of acute and chronic kidney failure
- Kidney biopsy for lab tests
- Treatment of inflammation of the kidney caused by Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE)
- Treatment of congenital kidney and urinary tract problems
- Treatment of urinary tract infections such as inflammation of the urinary tract and inflammation of the bladder
- Treatment of urinary disorders such as red blood cells and/or protein in the urine
- Treatment of diabetes insipidus (frequent and increased urination)
- Treatment of high blood pressure caused by kidney disease
- Restoration of fluid and electrolyte imbalance
- Treatment of nephrotic syndrome (loss of protein in the urine)
- M.D., Faculty of Medicine, Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, 2002.
- Diploma of Thai Sub-Board of Pediatric Nephrology, Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol Un
- Graduate Diploma of Clinical Science Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol Unive
- Diploma of Thai Board of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, 2005
Department of Pediatric Nephrology.
Samitivej Hospital Bangkok:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home