Samitivej Hospital Bangkok
Department of Pediatric Orthopedics (302969)
Specialized in: pediatric orthopedics
The Department of Pediatric Orthopedics at the Samitivej Children’s Hospital in Bangkok under the lead of Dr. Lantom Tonvichien offers assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of bone and joint diseases in children by highly skilled orthopedic surgeons. Focal point of the Department are on the treatment of broken bones and dislocated joints, sports injury (especially, knee joint, back and foot), bone infections, etc.
Another focus of the Department at the Samitivej Children’s Hospital in Bangkok is placed on spinal column diseases. In this context, special emphasis should be made on back pain as a result of muscle strain from playing sports, sideways curvature of the spine such as idiopathic scoliosis and congenital scoliosis, curving of the spine that causes a bowing of the back due to kyphosis or tuberculosis stress fracture in vertebrae in children (Spondylolysis), forward slippage of a lumbar vertebra on the vertebra below (Spondylolisthesis) causing back pain and shooting pain in both legs, which can lead to paralysis.
Main areas of treatment of the Department of Pediatric Orthopedics at the Samitivej Children’s Hospital in Bangkok:
- Broken bones and dislocated joints in children
- Sports injury, especially to the knee joint, back, and foot
- Bone Infection – Brachial plexus palsy
- Arm and shoulder paralysis due to nerve injuries (resulting from difficult delivery)
- Feet (Flat Feet, Club Foot)
- Knees (Bowlegs, Knocked-Knee)
- Hip (hip pain, congenital dislocation, hip infection from various bacteria such as tuberculosis)
- Spinal column
- Bangkok, Thailand