Samitivej Hospital Bangkok
Department of Pediatric Orthopedics (302969)
Specialized in: pediatric orthopedics
About the department
The Department of Pediatric Orthopedics at the Samitivej Hospital Bangkok offers the full range of diagnostics and treatment of all bone and joint diseases in children. The department pays key attention to the treatment of bone fractures, joint dislocations, sports injuries (especially knee, spinal, foot injuries), bone infections. In addition, the priority is the treatment of spinal diseases. The department's doctors get along well with children and strongly support them throughout the entire treatment process. The department's ultramodern infrastructure combined with the professionalism of doctors form a solid base for top-class medical care for young patients. The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Emeritus Charoen.
The department's specialists have excellent qualifications in the treatment of spinal diseases. A special role is given to the diagnostics and treatment of scoliosis in children of all age categories. Physiotherapy is indicated for all young patients with scoliosis. Depending on the type and severity of scoliosis, the treatment can be either conservative or surgical. The department's orthopedists try to solve the problem conservatively, but in advanced cases they still resort to the surgical treatment.
In addition, the competence of the department's doctors includes the treatment of back pain (caused by muscle strain during sports), spinal curvature, stress vertebral fractures in children (spondylolysis), displaced lumbar vertebrae (spondylolisthesis).
The department's range of medical services includes:
- Diagnostics and treatment of bone fractures and dislocations
- Diagnostics and treatment of sports injuries (especially with lesions of the knee, spine and foot)
- Diagnostics and treatment of bone infections
- Diagnostics and treatment of paralysis of the upper limb caused by lesion of the nerve plexuses
- Diagnostics and treatment of foot pathologies (flat feet, clubfoot)
- Diagnostics and treatment of axial deformities of the lower limbs (O-shaped, X-shaped leg deformities)
- Diagnostics and treatment of thigh diseases (hip pain, congenital dislocations, thigh infections of various origins, including due to tuberculosis)
- Diagnostics and treatment of spinal diseases (a special focus on scoliosis treatment)
- Diagnostics and treatment of other diseases
- 1961 Doctoral Degree, Faculty of Medicine, Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University.
- 1972 Diploma of the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery.
- 1973 Diplomate of the Thai Board of Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Fellowship, Cornell University, USA.
- 1973 Certificate on Spinal Surgery.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Samitivej Hospital Bangkok
Department of Pediatric Orthopedics.
Samitivej Hospital Bangkok:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.