Samitivej Hospital Bangkok
Department of Pediatric Otolaryngology and Communication Disorders (302970)
Specialized in: pediatric otolaryngology, communication disorders
The Department of Pediatric Otolaryngology and Communication Disorders at the Samitivej Children’s Hospital in Bangkok, headed by Dr. Phagarnart Eiumtrakul, provides assessment, diagnosis and treatment of all diseases of the ear, nose, throat and related organs. Additionally, the physicians of the Department also specialize in treatment of abnormalities in speech and communication.
In the field of otolaryngology, the Department at the Samitivej Children’s Hospital in Bangkok offers medical services comprising the following diseases:
- Ear: external and middle ear infection, foreign objects inside the ear, etc; symptoms include conductive hearing loss, ear pain, fluid in the ear, etc.
- Nose: Nasal inflammation from viral, bacterial, or fungal infection, allergens, sinusitis, chronic sinusitis objects in the nose, nosebleeds, etc.; symptoms include runny nose, sneezing, stuffy nose, mouth breathing, chronic sinusitis, foul smelling nasal discharge, pain in forehead or cheek area, etc.
- Throat: Sore throat, tonsillitis, enlarged adenoids
Apart from that, the Samitivej Children’s Hospital in Bangkok also treats speech and communication abnormalities, related to the following diseases and disorders:
- Delayed speech and language development due to hearing impairment, brain dysfunction, retardation, mood disorder, autism, Down’s syndrome, etc.
- Articulation deficiencies such as making incorrect or inappropriate sounds
- Dysfluencies – rhythm disorders such as stuttering; voice disorders such as hoarseness, age-inappropriate voice, etc.
- Speech disorder before and after surgery for cleft lip and/or cleft palate, speech disorder from other causes
- Bangkok, Thailand