Samitivej Hospital Bangkok
Department of Pediatric Surgery (302972)
Specialized in: pediatric surgery
About the department
The Department of Pediatric Surgery at the Samitivej Hospital Bangkok offers the full range of surgical interventions for the treatment of various diseases in newborns, young children and adolescents. The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Rangson Niramis.
Most surgical interventions are performed using sparing, minimally invasive techniques that provide young patients with the best possible safety, a minimal risk of complications and a speedy recovery.
All the department's surgeons have excellent qualifications and many years of experience, so they can easily cope even with extremely complex clinical cases. The nursing staff regularly undergoes special training in pediatric medicine. In addition, due attention is paid to the emotional state of the child. For this purpose, competent psychologists are involved in the treatment process.
The department specializes in the diagnostics and surgical treatment of the following pathologies:
- Inguinal hernia
- Dropsy of testicular membranes (hydrocele)
- Testicular tumors
- Undescended testicle (cryptorchidism)
- Testicular torsion
- Abdominal pain (especially in appendicitis)
- Congenital bowel obstruction (Hirschsprung's disease)
- Anorectal malformations, imperforate anus
- Omphalocele (umbilical cord hernia)
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Gallbladder inflammation and calculous cholecystitis
- Injuries due to accidents
- Bone and joint diseases
- All types of congenital malformations
- Other diseases and pathological conditions in children
The department's spectrum of surgical services (minimally invasive interventions) covers:
- Appendectomy (removal of the appendix of the caecum in its inflammation)
- Cholecystectomy (surgery to remove the gallbladder)
- Small bowel resection
- Choledoch cyst resection
- Tumor removal
- Lysis therapy for the treatment of adhesions
- Fundoplication (surgical procedure for the treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease and hiatal hernia)
- Orchiopexy (surgery to treat cryptorchidism)
- Splenectomy (surgery to remove the spleen)
- Surgical treatment of anterior abdominal wall hernia
- Surgical treatment of diaphragmatic hernia
- Interventional diagnostic procedures
- Surgeries to treat thoracic pathologies
- Surgeries to treat diseases and injuries of the musculoskeletal system
- Other medical services and treatment methods
Photo of the doctor: (c) Samitivej Hospital Bangkok
Department of Pediatric Surgery.
Samitivej Hospital Bangkok:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.